Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 yj its been sitting in my garage for a month now because the clutch doesnt work. I have replaced both master and slave. I just got done replacing throw out bearing and it still will not go into gear. I am stumped! Can anyone help?
Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Hmm maybe the tranny has an issue? I know mine lost 5th gear so I had to find one off ebay for $200 and put it on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think its the tranny I can still drive it without a clutch the gears are good! Thats why its got me stumped? Has anyone had a similar problem?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Figured out what was wrong. After bleeding the slave agian and it not working i decided to take clutch out to see if it might be the presure plate. Turns out it was. The pressure plate was packed with dirt. 3 cans of brake cleaner later clutch works perfect. All that work and money for a $6 fix!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Figured out what was wrong. After bleeding the slave agian and it not working i decided to take clutch out to see if it might be the presure plate. Turns out it was. The pressure plate was packed with dirt. 3 cans of brake cleaner later clutch works perfect. All that work and money for a $6 fix!
Is the bellhousing dust cover on??

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
you need to use a power bleeder to force fluid thru the system.
you can buy a power bleeder at any auto parts store for about 30 bucks.
it can be used to fix for all kinds of things besides brakes.
it is a great tool to own.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes the dust cover is on. I almost got it stuck 2 days before it broke. The tranny was completely under the mud. Im pretty sure thats why it happened.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Yes the dust cover is on. I almost got it stuck 2 days before it broke. The tranny was completely under the mud. Im pretty sure thats why it happened.
Yeah....that would do it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts