Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I'll have a lot more time to excercise and learn new things now...
This new forum is horrible and having been through every menu there are no options to fix it on my end...

The contrast is miserable and the constant moving adds are highly distracting along with a whole slew of other gripes....

What was a very efficient interface for helping others has become an overly busy time waster...

I'll check in from time to time to see if they fix this mess but otherwise I'll miss you guys....
This might help with the Ads/Right pane...

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
So I'm expected to pay my hard-earned money for the privilege of helping other people fix their Jeeps
No thx

·
Super Moderator
10,295 Posts
The idea is to share what you know with folks that don't know as much as you do. I'm sure you get some benefit from participating on this forum, otherwise you wouldn't participate.
Nothing in life is free. Somebody has to pay the bills. Either the advertisers or the members.
Have you tried a commercial ad blocker?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes this new format is a pain, I particularly don't like the signatures not being visible, Used to help with what they were working with.

At very least they could have added a YJ to the heading photo. LOL
Yes, please! YJ on the heading photo in the YJ forum!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Impossible to read black text on a white background.

Edit....found 'Dark Mode'.
Thank you for the "Dark Mode" tip... my eyes no longer feel as they are burning LoL

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sometimes, the ads look like posts. I was trying to figure out who posted the shocks I was looking at on Quadratech when it changed to the next ad...

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The idea is to share what you know with folks that don't know as much as you do. I'm sure you get some benefit from participating on this forum, otherwise you wouldn't participate.
Nothing in life is free. Somebody has to pay the bills. Either the advertisers or the members.
Have you tried a commercial ad blocker?

Good Luck, L.M.
I understand adds, we always had adds but this is extreme, not to mention the other issues already discussed elsewhere...
I did get something... I genuinely enjoy helping folks and I've enjoyed the friendly banter but just not willing to endure this much distraction or pay money to do it....
Feels like trying to have a serious discussion w a five year old tugging on my pant leg incessantly screaming about wanting something...
When I said I'd miss you guys I mean't it and like I said, I will check in now and again in hopes that they fix it...

Nothing but love homies....

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I understand adds, we always had adds but this is extreme, not to mention the other issues already discussed elsewhere...
I did get something... I genuinely enjoy helping folks and I've enjoyed the friendly banter but just not willing to endure this much distraction or pay money to do it....
Feels like trying to have a serious discussion w a five year old tugging on my pant leg incessantly screaming about wanting something...
When I said I'd miss you guys I mean't it and like I said, I will check in now and again in hopes that they fix it...

Well,
Given that your contributions to the forum are--as MasterCard says... "Priceless". I hope you reconsider.

Let's say you spent one hour a day 20 days a month on the site.
For me, the $19.99 per year / $1.67 per month / $0.08 hour / $0.0014 per minute is worth it not to sit here going "SQUIRREL?!!" every three seconds.

John D

·
Registered
959 Posts
I don't want to join because it will change my status.
It will say 'Premium Member' under my name and everyone will know I'm rich.

·
Super Moderator
10,295 Posts
I don't want to join because it will change my status.
It will say 'Premium Member' under my name and everyone will know I'm rich.

Raoul, your words gave you away. If you weren't rich, you'd have said "and everyone would think I'm rich". You said "and everyone will know I'm rich".
Now that the cat's out of the bag, can I borrow a hundred bucks?
I'd gladly pay you Monday for a hamburger today.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Super Moderator
10,295 Posts

@Gottagofast I understand your frustration.
An ad blocker might solve your issue with this forum and whatever other sites you visit. I have an ad blocker and never see ads or popups. Even before I was a premium member, I never saw ads on this forum nor anywhere else.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Raoul, your words gave you away....
Now that the cat's out of the bag, can I borrow a hundred bucks?
I'd gladly pay you Monday for a hamburger today.
Borrow? No, I'm going to be making it rain up in here.
Calculating my wealth on paper is making my head spin.
I'm in negotiations with a Nigerian Crown Prince who wants to move big money to the US.
Just when I thought life couldn't get any better I won a Jamaican sweepstakes I didn't even know I entered.

Everybody here is getting a hamburger, after I buy me a 15 inch lift kit.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I posted this in the help section, I figured I would post it here as well

Just a tip for those who don't want to dig for their subforum each time.

Follow the forum of your choosing, should be somewhere near the top right of your screen.
Bookmark this

Alternatively you can find them by clicking your profile icon and selecting following.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts