Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum, not sure if this is the right place to post but I have a 1987 Wrangler and a broken down 1987 Laredo me and my platoon commander are parting out to our jeeps, my question is will the Laredos doors fit on a regular wrangler without modification? thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
10,648 Posts
This question is best asked in the YJ tech section, but as far as I know, the answer is yes.

YJ hard doors have a curved top rear and the uppers for half doors have a (almost) square upper rear corner.

If you're going from half doors to full doors, you'll need a new soft top with hardware or a hard top. Check out the Jeep websites for soft top with full doors.
If you're going from half doors to half doors or full doors to full doors, there should be no issues.

Post a few pics.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I believe Laredo is just the name of a trim package. The actual Jeep is still the same. Laredos came with a chrome grill cover, hard doors, side steps, and color-matched flares, among other things. Everything should be interchangeable. The only model that has significant differences is the Renegade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
24 Posts
reply jeep doors

New to the forum, not sure if this is the right place to post but I have a 1987 Wrangler and a broken down 1987 Laredo me and my platoon commander are parting out to our jeeps, my question is will the Laredos doors fit on a regular wrangler without modification? thanks in advance
You can be sure they will fit. I have done the same between a 1987 yj laredo and a 1995 yj "s", and the laredo doors fit perfectly with some minor adjustements.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts