Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I'm new here.

Please forgive the post if it's already been done but I looked via search - no dice.

My brother gave me a '94 Wrangler Sahara 4.0L. (Attached image)
Looking to strip it to the frame and rebuild and/or use it for parts.

Is the 4.0L compatible with all YJ models?

Thanks!

-JeepersGuns

Attachments

·
Registered
5,103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,662 Posts
If it isn't a rustbucket, I sure wouldn't part it out as long as you have a good title.
A '94 has the desired external slave cylinder and probably other desirable options. If the seats are in good shape or at least re-upholsterable, the Sahara option is also desirable.

If the frame is rotted or the tub is too far gone, then parting it out is probably your best option.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Not straight bolt on to non 4.0 YJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no but any YJ 4.0 will fit any YJ.

the XJ 4.0's of the same year will fit but the accessories on the front are mounted different and the water pump is shorter.

I am not even sure what the OP is asking but yes the 4.0 in that jeep will fit any other YJ with a 4.0.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah - I think this rig is pretty much a parts rig / wood hauling rig. The body would need some serious welding and patching. The shock towers were cut out before I got it.

Thanks everyone - I'll have some other questions along the way.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
WELCOME to wrangler forum!

If you decide to part it out shoot me a p.m.
I might be interested in the flares and side steps

·
Registered
934 Posts
Off-topic but you have more wrong with it than the motor... Those shackles are way too long and it looks like the springs have an inverted arch... And that's just a quick look at the picture you posted, no telling what else is screwed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts