Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, new to the forum. I ride them mostly don't fix them. Here is my project. My summer car is a 1995 YJ 4 cylinder EFI with no engine mods. I bought a 1989 YJ with a 4.2 6 carburated with an automatic, bad frame and floor pans. Engine and trans are low miles and runs great and trans shifts well. I n would like to swap engines. Radiators are the same. I think the wiring harnesses may make it cost prohibitive. I would appreciate any options on the possible swap. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,670 Posts
Welcome to the Forum fyreles,

Lots of work and I don't think the 4cyl bell housing will mate to the 6 cyl block.

Do a cost analysis (include your time).
What will a decent 6 cyl jeep cost you and how much will you be able to sell the two YJs for.
Then....
Figure out how much money and labor it'll take to do the swap.

Let us know what you come up with.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
put the tools down bubba you are in over your head

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Cost would be almost nothing.... you would take EVERYTHING from the radiator to the fuel tank from the 6 cyl jeep... worst part would be cutting engine mount brackets off and welding the 6 cyl stuff back on... second worst part would be when you realize that you gave up multiport fuel injection for 70 more ft lbs of torque but 8 LESS horsepower...

·
Retired Moderator
100,499 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Premium Member
774 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,917 Posts
Yeah I hate carbonated Jeeps. 😂
From the BREWsters ******* Home Dictionary

Carbonated: v.The direct result of replacing 10w-30 with Budweiser:n.adding PBR to the Radiator when you run out of water:adj.Using Mikes Hard Cider as a fuel additive...

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
from the brewsters ******* home dictionary

carbonated: V.the direct result of replacing 10w-30 with budweiser:n.adding pbr to the radiator when you run out of water:adj.using mikes hard cider as a fuel additive...

😂😂😂

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,917 Posts
Every once in a while we just have to have fun with some of the weird "shirt" that goes on with our rigs. It's all good.

·
Super Moderator
12,670 Posts
There should be a word for when spellcheck changes what you're typing to something else.
Carburetor to carbonated is a great example of the meaning of that word.
Any words that I can come up with can't be said on this forum.

My old auntie asked my sister what WTF meant. My sister told her "Why, that's fantastic!".
Now my auntie's texts are a lot more interesting.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts