Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can someone please post a picture of a factory 4.2L 6 cylinder yj factory air injection pipe to catalytic converter?
I am trying to assemble everything to factory specs. The last owner welded custom pipes all over the exhaust system so I am replacing everything. How do the air injection and catalytic converter connect to each other, they are different pipe diameters?

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
The first and second pics are the correct attachment point. do you still have the valve setup that's located by the oil filter?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have the original factory valve setup.

I am replacing the cat and cutting of the weld from the air injection pipe and the old cat to put the new drop in Magnaflow cat. How are they originally connected from the factory, is it with a rubber hose or some kind of metal connector?

By the way, I was able to buy one of the air injection pipe, everyone sells them but the other pipe is discontinued and nobody makes them? Anyone knows where I can source them?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still have the original factory valve setup.

I am replacing the cat and cutting of the weld from the air injection pipe and the old cat to put the new drop in Magnaflow cat. How are they originally connected from the factory, is it with a rubber hose or some kind of metal connector?
There is a rubber hose with hose clamps that connects the tube to the cat. At least that is what mine had before I removed them. I've seen replacement kits that consist of a short rubber hose and the clamps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts