Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O I am trying to pick out flares and I really like the rugged ridge flares but a lot of people in the reviews are really pissed off because I guess they are hard to install? Don't line up right? I really like the. Tuff look of the screw hole cut out look. Any ideas of where to go from here? Better flares that do line up with factory jokes?? Thoughts?? Let me have it please!

·
Registered
303 Posts
This would be better suited to the Discussion forum. If you like the look, then get them and plan on having to spend extra time and effort to get them installed. Another option is TJ flares, but that requires cutting and removal of some of the rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
If you are looking at the "screw hole" look, those are normally cut out flares, and will never just bolt to factory mounting holes...

Im currently torn between getting front YJ flat flares, and rear TJ flat flares, or the pocket flares "screw hole type".

Bushwacker 10924-07 - Bushwacker Flat Style Fender Flares for 87-95 Jeep® Wrangler YJ - Quadratec

or

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bsh-10909-07/overview/

I would purchase from Summit too, free shipping, no tax, and quick delivery (if it is in stock), I live in Cali and get stuff from them overnight, I ordered a timing chain set at 4PM and got it the next day via FedEx.

You should really ask a mod to move this thread into the tech or general section.

·
Super Moderator
12,894 Posts
I bought the Rugged Ridge flares and installed them. The instructions that come with then aren't very good but with patience I was able to do a good job and they look just fine.
Plan on using masking tape to fit them in position prior to marking where the holes go.
Also, plan on getting some 5MM nutserts and a tool to install them. The 2 holes at the front of the rear flares go into the "B" pillar and there is no access to install a nut. You will need at least 6 nutserts (the front fender needs on at the bottom rear). My hardware kit came with 3 nutserts but the instructions didn't mention them. Good thing I just bought new batteries for my crystal ball.
Quadratec has the instruction in their ad for the RR flares.

PM me for more info and pics. Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts