Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a YJ with 6" rough country springs and I don't get very much flex out of them. I was thinking of removing the bottom 2 leaves. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
312 Posts
Do you still have your track bars and sway bar on? Also if your shocks are old or aren't flexed out very often they can limit your flex because thats the problem I'm having is the shocks are getting tight and won't compress all the way therefore reducing my flex.

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
Well a down side to that kit is they don't flex as much due to the arch of the spring.. I would make sure the shackle bolts are not too tight and you can try removing a leaf and see if that helps, but as stated above it may not help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Well leaf springs aren't designed to flex much at all at least compared to coils. So if you want any decent flex with the same amount of lift you could always do a SOA conversion which I've read gives you exponentially more flex than SUA.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sweet Jesus I have to do that conversion right now. Man I can't wait til I have the money saved up to fund that sweet project. How much did it cost over all for the bracketry/new equipment/etc. Anyways, I'd go with an SOA and revert back to stock springs. Possibly some military wrapped stock springs to give you extra strength so you can run without track bars and not worry about axle wrap or whatever the correct term for wandering axles is.

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
Here's a link to the whole build with SOA tips.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f8/95-yj-soa-step-by-step-77184.html

I think after it was all said and done we have 800 in the transformation which includes all the SOA stuff, wheel spacers, tubing and joints for the wishbone, extra steel for the crossmember, custom rear 1350 driveshaft, grinding wheels, etc.....but not my labor lol

·
Registered
312 Posts
Labor is priceless ;) and I have been checking in on that from time to time because thats what I'm going to use for my guide to tackling my conversion. Got a couple guys who can get some work done at a welding shop and machine shop to help with the crossmembers and such. but I don't want to become another thread pirate. I'll withdraw from this thread for now. I'll go continue on your thread tomorrow during work. haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts