Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a flowmaster muffler that we out on my dad's 1991 yj. He drove to town about 5 times, maybe a total of 100 miles before removing it. It is a single in and out @ 2 1/2" diameter. It was professionally installed and removed. I will box it and ship it for a total of $80. Let me know! p.s. it's kinda loud on a 2.5!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fit questions

uhm, newb question. any chance it will fit on a 4.0 TJ out of the box?
Any muffler shop should be able to fit this muffler to your pipe. They may have to "swell" out a piece of pipe and weld it on but they can make it fit. It is small enough because it's made for the jeep. It should fit anything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a $120 pipe with less than 100 miles on it. It is not even discolored. Let's be real half price with shipping anywhere. $80 bucks is a steal.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'll go measure my pipes in a bit and see if this is the same I got. If so i'll take it. Mine don't sound too good, I was shocked to see it was a flowmaster... With a v8 It needs to be a shitty muffler lol.

Ill pm u if I can use it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just a tip check Amazon pricing. The super 44 is 80$ new. Think you got ripped off where ever you bought it.

That is if it doesn't come with the pipes maybe?
Unless the super 44 isn't the better of the two?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a Flowmaster 40 Series. It was bought new for $120 and installed for an additional $30. It is only the muffler. That is normal for all around central arkansas. I have one on my Ford truck also it was $120 + installation. I will sell it for half price and ship it for the additional $20. So it's $80 total without dickering about the shipping. If it's cheaper at Amazon.com then I would suggest getting it from there.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It is a Flowmaster 40 Series. It was bought new for $120 and installed for an additional $30. It is only the muffler. That is normal for all around central arkansas. I have one on my Ford truck also it was $120 + installation. I will sell it for half price and ship it for the additional $20. So it's $80 total without dickering about the shipping. If it's cheaper at Amazon.com then I would suggest getting it from there.
Well I was just letting ya know. Not trying to be an ass.
Just no one would want to buy a "used" no matter how little it was "used" it's still "used" for more then a NEW one is online with FREE shipping.

Just thought you'd know the price of one so your not wondering why anyone is buying :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is cool man, sometimes online is cheaper than local. Not a problem.

·
Registered
455 Posts
It is cool man, sometimes online is cheaper than local. Not a problem.
I know. I buy local all the time, then later I look it up and see it half the price -_- Always good to throw the money into your towns economy though.

Have you tried Craigslist?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts