Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of doing a conversion to change the square headlamps to round.

I have seen the light conversion with grille overlay but don't care for the way it looks.

Has anyone done a conversion and would anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Noooooooooo!!!!

I am thinking of doing a conversion to change the square headlamps to round.

I have seen the light conversion with grille overlay but don't care for the way it looks.

Has anyone done a conversion and would anyone have a recommendation?

Thanks!
Dude, Don't do it ! It's like getting a Tramp Stamp. Everybody thought it was cool when they did it then shortly after they were doing cover ups cause they realized they made a BIG mistake. Be in the Elite club not the oh look another "rounder" . People won't believe you when you say it's a YJ , you'll have to pull out you're registration and let them read it and who knows what else. Do you see the snow ball effect this creates ? You'll have to leave us and join the TJ's , you realize that stands for toe jam right? You don't want that do you? That's all I have , good luck and God bless:atomic:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pudl, I get it and I will likely leave it alone simply because it's original and unique...as they get older the more likely their uniqueness will be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
10,648 Posts
You're smart to follow Pudl Pigs advice. I prefer the look of a CJ grill and when I first got my YJ, I considered changing to round headlights by removing the outer skin from a CJ grill panel and grafting it onto my YJ grill panel.

I had a lot of other more necessary work to do and by the time it was all done, I came to my senses. I'm glad I didn't do it. Now, I proudly sport my square (rectangular) headlights. As you state "....as they get older the more likely their uniqueness will be appreciated". I agree.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts