Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend the passenger rear window on my yj was shot out:mad:. not sure if it was done intentionally or on accident (deer firearm season just opened in michigan and i know people like to poatch deer at night). i got stuck on my own private property about 150 yrds in the woods , and i mean thick woods, which would put the jeep about 300 yds off any road. you cant see 20ft in when yhour in the woods due to how thick they are, and i had a 30-06 round pass threw the pass rear window, miss everything else and hit the steering wheel. i found the round laying on floor board along with the remains of my horn button/steering wheel cover thingy. im bummed out but just glad we werent in the jeep when it happined.

Now to my problem. i have a steel horse 2 piece hardtop on my yj and im not sure if the side rear glass is the the same as oem. i was hoping someone here would know????:confused:

thanks alot

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, well i was hoping that someone may have run into this problem before so i can know if i should try a oem or just skip the bs of ordering one and having it maby not fit, orrr just drop the top off to have one made. i really dont want to do that. i just want to know for sure what it is that i need to do. from what i have gathered steel horse is out of bisnasssss... so im out of ideas on trying to contact the manufacturer or a distributor that may still have one of these old relics in stock...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't know if it will fit, but I built windows for my stock top out of Lexan for just this very reason. The last one got shot out during last years season...replaced it with a 1/4" sheet of Lexan trimmed to fit after buying it off my buddy.

It's one of the best non-driveline upgrade I've made to the Jeep lately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts