Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody my headlights at random times will cut in and out for no reason. Recently when it happens I disconnect the wire for the light switch behind the dash and reconnect it. That seems to work for the time being but a week later it'll do the same thing again. Anyone got any ideas please?

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The first thing id check and replace is thoes two connectors your talking about. Could be a lose or bad wire in there so when you un plug it and plug it back in could be moveing a lose wire just enough to make contact and them eventually fall out of contact again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a good thought:) When I started doing that I felt the same thing and still do. I saw on another thing that someone said it was the connectors in the actual head lights which In my case wouldn't make as much sense because of the whole deal with the connector behind the dash but I was also wondering if that would affect it.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Not trying to hijack but I'm having a similar issue only difference is it's only the highbeam. When I put back to low beam they come back on. Could that be a connection as well?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sorry to hijack your thread, Mine did the same thing last night, on high and low. Park lights/dash lights stay on. Just head light going off and on.:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts