Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Now before everyone gets too angry I do have a reason for doing this. I would like to see if anyone knows if a YJ hood and grill can go on a CJ7? Here is the reason:

I would like to build a Jurassic Park Jeep Replica, so a YJ wrangler.

I also discovered a company that makes it possible to use a Mercedes Turbo Diesel in a Jeep. Love jeeps and love Mercedes Diesels.

In CA I will need a Jeep older than a YJ to be street legal with the merc engine so I have to use a CJ7.

So, hence why I am wondering if it is possible to put a YJ hood and grill on a CJ7.

Thanks for any insight on my very strange future project.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Although you will probably be the first in all of history. I know people swap CJ front ends onto YJ's it stands to reason you could put a YJ front end on a CJ. I'm interested in how it turns out.

·
Registered
514 Posts
The yj hood is wider but the hinges will bolt up.. may need the yj fenders.. would be a crazy project

·
Premium Member
2,230 Posts
I've swapped the YJ to CJ. The hood width is not an issue at the tub. You will obviously want the YJ fenders which should work okay. The grill is the only place that you may have to doctor. The CJ grill has to be trimmed to fit a YJ at the frame if you don't have at least a 1.25" body lift so you may have a gap there but that should be easy to remedy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts