Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I guy gave me a never used Bikini top from a YJ. He thought at the time that it was for a TJ. Do you think there is any way it would fit?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
it depends on the windshield channel more than it does the bikini.

do you know the brand/model do you have pics?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The top is a Mopar. I have not bought a channel yet. So are you saying if I get a TJ channel it might work? Any ideas what channel I should get? or does it have to be a mopar?

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
The top is a Mopar. I have not bought a channel yet. So are you saying if I get a TJ channel it might work? Any ideas what channel I should get? or does it have to be a mopar?
its very possible, can you take a picture of the windshield side of the bikini? that will help determine what style header you will need.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
its more about what style, than what brand

heres the tread I started when I first got mine:
definitive-windshield-channel-info

as far as TJ's go:

the no-drill style header has the plastic almost ruler like piece sewn into the windshield edge of your bikini, A lot like what it looks like in your picture. Its pressed in from the front.

the drill-in style header has a round tube like plastic piece sewn into the top that slides into a "c" shaped receiver on the header. It would slide in from the side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts