Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Syawedis this is for you! Lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
More

Attachments

Reactions: EBRAMLETT14

·
Retired Moderator
100,473 Posts
Here’s my Trudy. A 1995 Rio Grande edition. Official paint code Aqua Pearl Metallic. Roughly 260k original miles and still keeps a humming along!
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
59 Posts
My 93 YJ ... have a bikini top and soft half doors on the way. Last photo is my favorite bumper sticker, since I'm a Dad with 3 kids riding around with me most of the time :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined WF. NOT NEW TO JEEPS
I just nabbed a 95 YJ 2.5l with 103k miles in a trade for guns during this corona panic. Maybe $2600 value. Either way, the good; frame and body absolutely rust free and no damage. Just dirty. AX5 synchro's going out on 3rd and 4th. I was told engine was replaced with a crate motor 15k ago. I live in emission area and it failed NOx by 0.06 and fuel cap. Cap is easy but.... I really don't want to spend on engine or trans if I intend to do a diesel swap and trans. Plan B I will likely get historic vehicle plates and bye emissions test. Or register it anywhere else in AZ.

Anyways, I also have a Roxor. So I will get irrational hate. It's a vehicle folks, And sad fact, that's road legal, not the YJ. The Roxor is a god vehicle. Kind of considering body on frame swap at last resort. Not really desperate yet. Maybe mate the two and see how it works out. They are cousins so don't expect much.

Previous Jeeps, jeep like
1985 CJ7 I rebuilt ground up, 350 and Muncie 465 swapped
1978 CJ5
2006 LJ

1978 FJ40

This will be a project Jeep. I will restore the interior, swap in a diesel, leaning on a VW Coty Built, or R2.8. Also trans. Not sure which one yet. That's why I'm here. AX15, NV3550, NSG30... ? NV4500? Maybe not with the VW engine. Axles will stay stock until either they break, or I find a bag of cash. Maybe lunch box lockers at minimum. TC, probably stay stock. I like that oxidized green "patina" (is that the correct word?) a la piece of merde look. I will likely have everything else sharp, and leave the distressed look intact. New top at least. I need a set of original steel wheels and go with 33x10.50's, a 2.5 lift and getting rid of those home made shackles. Taking it back to stock shackles. Keeping front bumper and adding Warn 8274, maybe. I want that good plain jane stock look that anyone who looks at it will see it's built right.

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
100,473 Posts
I just nabbed a 95 YJ 2.5l with 103k miles in a trade for guns during this corona panic. Maybe $2600 value. Either way, the good; frame and body absolutely rust free and no damage. Just dirty. AX5 synchro's going out on 3rd and 4th. I was told engine was replaced with a crate motor 15k ago. I live in emission area and it failed NOx by 0.06 and fuel cap. Cap is easy but.... I really don't want to spend on engine or trans if I intend to do a diesel swap and trans. Plan B I will likely get historic vehicle plates and bye emissions test. Or register it anywhere else in AZ.

Anyways, I also have a Roxor. So I will get irrational hate. It's a vehicle folks, And sad fact, that's road legal, not the YJ. The Roxor is a god vehicle. Kind of considering body on frame swap at last resort. Not really desperate yet. Maybe mate the two and see how it works out. They are cousins so don't expect much.

1978 CJ5
2006 LJ

1978 FJ40

This will be a project Jeep. I will restore the interior, swap in a diesel, leaning on a VW Coty Built, or R2.8. Also trans. Not sure which one yet. That's why I'm here. AX15, NV3550, NSG30... ? NV4500? Maybe not with the VW engine. Axles will stay stock until either they break, or I find a bag of cash. Maybe lunch box lockers at minimum. TC, probably stay stock. I like that oxidized green "patina" (is that the correct word?) a la piece of merde look. I will likely have everything else sharp, and leave the distressed look intact. New top at least. I need a set of original steel wheels and go with 33x10.50's, a 2.5 lift and getting rid of those home made shackles. Taking it back to stock shackles. Keeping front bumper and adding Warn 8274, maybe. I want that good plain jane stock look that anyone who looks at it will see it's built right.
Welcome to the Forum

·
Registered
4,241 Posts

1978 CJ5
2006 LJ

1978 FJ40

Welcome. You should start yourself a build thread in the YJ Builds section. Looks like a nice solid platform to build on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
61 - 80 of 118 Posts