Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done doin my soa with 3" springs, high steer and brakes. Been driving with out the swaybar but the wife does not like the body roll.
My question.
What dis-connects should I get?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bump!:whistling:

Curious about this too, for the same reason. I have an SOA lift with Waggie springs, and I have a guy who will sell me a swaybar with quick disconnects. But how do I know if it will fit? I mean it will be a 3 hour round trip to pick this up.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
You can make your own easily, but JKS makes some good ones. I had some on my last rig i got them off e-bay. I have made some in the past too. There are a few different ways to go about making them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
my quick disco's for the sway bar

After looking at all the aftermarket quick disconnects, I decided that I would cut the stock disconnects and make my own. Here they are. I also just freshened my SOA with 3" lift.
swaybar disconnects 001.jpg

swaybar disconnects 003.jpg

·
Registered
207 Posts
none of these diy can last......just use your 3/4 wrench and remove the connect when you wheel. it takes 5 minutes

·
Registered
443 Posts
Im curious does your tie rod hit those. My stock ones got put on backwards after they installed my lift and I noticed my tie rod was hitting them so I turned them like they are suppose to be so I could get full steer.

·
Registered
161 Posts
none of these diy can last......just use your 3/4 wrench and remove the connect when you wheel. it takes 5 minutes
I would have used the stock ones, but they were 3 inches too short to keep the sway bar somewhat level. These should be as strong as the stock ones. The pipe is 3/16" wall and the pins are grade 8 tractor pins. We'll see if they are going to hold up. If it can be broke, I can usually can break it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Put my DIY disconnects on tonight I am way excited. I tried to take my Trac bars off but I don't have the right size torx wrench

1 - 10 of 10 Posts