Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a mind numbing search I finally settled on a Rampage Frameless Softop #109435 from Bell Offroad. If you have a YJ that has a soft top and half doors everything you need comes with this top. Just put it on today. Installation was relatively easy. ( One small bolt and nut was missing, I had to dig around for a while in the shop to find one that would work) I did leave the top in the sun for over an hour before installing.(still was tight can't imagine doing it in the cold) I think it looks pretty good, but I can't wait to take it back off in the Spring!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Looks good man! Wish I knew about the frameless tops before I got my Supertop.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Looks nice. Past due for a top myself but how does it do on the highway (is it noisier?) and what was the cost difference vs the framed tops. I am going to be getting a top soon., but don't know what one to get.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks nice. Past due for a top myself but how does it do on the highway (is it noisier?) and what was the cost difference vs the framed tops. I am going to be getting a top soon., but don't know what one to get.
It does really well on the highway...I think better/ quieter than factory

I paid less than $500 including delivery

What I really like is you can zip out the side and rear panels an run it as a Safari top.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ive only had mine for a few months I really like it so far

431 Posts
I got my rampage frameless top from Quad a Lil prices but well worth it if u don't want the fame rattling around as u drive, road noise is same with all soft tops but hold up great on highway and less window chatter then soft tips with frames. I'm in Maryland and we just got a lot of rain and this top is awsome no leaks best buy I bought for my jeep so far. An questions ask me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Also check out softtoppers frameless soft top. I just installed one two weeks ago and am very happy with it. I have hard doors and had a hard top and it came with everything I needed including the door surrounds. The side and back windows unzip and come right off and there is overhead storage for the windows. Delivered to my door with tinted windows it was $569

·
Registered
423 Posts
I got the same top, ordered it through Quadratec for $430 shipped (pricematched summitracing...). Has worked great so far. In the summer, you just take all the windows off and leave the top on as a bikini.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I went Softtopper and love it -- compare both if you are looking, they are both seemingly great quality. I went with the tinted windows as well

·
Registered
507 Posts
Surfinglbi23 said:
I went Softtopper and love it -- compare both if you are looking, they are both seemingly great quality. I went with the tinted windows as well
They are worth comparing but one major difference determines which you'll automatically lean toward... Your doors. Unless you have both full and half doors, swapping just for a soft top is not something many would do as it can be costly.

The Rampage is designed for half doors and square uppers while the SoftTopper is designed for full doors with rounded upper corners.
- If you have half doors, you can do the rounded TJ upper mod to go with SoftTopper.
- If you have full doors, you can buy half doors and uppers to go with Rampage.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
really like the rampage... just wish they made it for full doors. i'll be picking up a softoper this spring. glad the install was easy. LOOKS GREAT! thanks for the review

1 - 20 of 59 Posts