Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just my sye from the brown truck today, now I need to get a cv drive shaft. I'm looking to do it on the cheap. I can cut down a xj front, but are there any other options?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
That's your cheapest option, a cut down xj front shaft is not a strong shaft so don't expect it to last long. Tom Woods or Adam's driveshafts are the only real options in my humble opinion......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well the wife has been super cool about all the upgrades but I'm sure its gonna ware thin before its over so I wanted to do it on the cheap.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Don't abuse it and should be alright for a while

·
Administrator
12,562 Posts
get a price to have it shorter, then see how much the difference is to get a better shaft made... its not always that much more.. and a far better investment.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Tatton's driveshafts on eBay run about $250 and they are really nice.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
get a price to have it shorter, then see how much the difference is to get a better shaft made... its not always that much more.. and a far better investment.
+1

Look at my 8.8 swap in my signature for my thoughts on using an XJ driveshaft.

I recommend new for most people

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
In my area it cost $75-$90 to lengthen or shorten a driveshaft. Is the SYE made by Crown a decent one?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
In my area it cost $75-$90 to lengthen or shorten a driveshaft. Is the SYE made by Crown a decent one?
Yes, but ordering a custom length is always recommended by anyone who has a sye/cv shaft

1 - 9 of 9 Posts