Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 95 yj at the end of last summer. My first. Seller said he just had it repainted. I didn't realize till winter when I went to wax it, that it was a rattle can job and it was sprayed over rust. So I decided to strip her down with some Rustoleum aircraft paint remover and 40 grit paper. Some minor body hole repair and bondo, and now I back to reprainting. I'm using an electric Harbor Freight HVLP sprayer and duplicolor paint shop primer, championship white, and clear coat. I built a paint booth in my third car garage. Here are some pics of where I'm at so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm considering same job on a yj at some point in future; also white. Your work looks great! Can you post pics of final product after all reassembled? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Ok I am curious, you riveted sheet metal to the damaged areas and then bondoed over that? Did u grind the rivets off then?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ok I am curious, you riveted sheet metal to the damaged areas and then bondoed over that? Did u grind the rivets off then?
X2^^ on this as I have some very similar patches that need to be filled with love and sanding. Great work so far can't wait to see the finish

·
Registered
132 Posts
Im gonna follow this.
My 93 is currently stripped down to the same nakedness. Im going with Glidden Semi-Gloss "Red Delicious" outside followed by clear coat, Light/Dark Gray inside.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finished! Well except for the rocker bars ( beep to buy a bolt extraction kit to get my rounded, rusted body bolts off. Also still want to upgrade to some 33" but all in good time. Had to relocate the license plate due to the new rear bumper with tire carrier blocking the old one from hinging. If I have time in the near future I'll try to get a list off all the items added and cost as we'll as materials used.

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts