Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 YJ with a 2 1/2 (maybe 3?) inch Pro Comp lift installed before I bought it. Tires are 31X10 50's. The ride is terrible. Beating me and the Jeep to death. I've been told I need to change springs. Need help!! Any advise?

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Change your springs?

I have a 3.5" lift, was made by Dick Cepek, and isint available any more, it rides like a tank, but im used to it.
Main reason im leaving it as is, the springs are military wrapped, and I plan on swapping out for Waggy springs and shackles later....
Then Ill take theese springs and pop them on a flip Wrangler in the future (I flip cars for side cash).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Are the Trac bars still hooked up? If they are unhook them... I have a rancho lift and it rode like a covered wagon... I have a lot better ride now...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I changed out PO 4" rough country for 5" BDS springs and jeep rides sooo much better. Also no trac bar or sway bars 35" tires no death wobble

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I unhooked the track bars but can't get the bolt out of the frame side. Probably a stupid question, but can I leave them unhooked on one end?? I'm also replacing the E-3000 Pro Comp shocks for Skyjacker Hydros.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Changed shocks today from Pro Comp E 3000 to Skyjacker Hydro's. Made a huge difference!! Glad I didn't buy springs. This was cheaper. Thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Still got the shocks ? Want to sell them ? I am installing 2.5" Pro Comp springs

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Something else you can check on the springs only takes a few minutes. Crack the mount bolts in the shackles and retorque to 45 ft/lbs with a good torqu wrench. This will make sure they haven't been overtorqued and will flex when required.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still got the shocks ? Want to sell them ? I am installing 2.5" Pro Comp springs
I do still have the shocks. Pro Comp 3000's. Shipping might be expensive. PM me if interested.:thumb:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to post here, can't get the pics to post on the PM.

IMG_0679.jpg

·
Registered
473 Posts
Something else you can check on the springs only takes a few minutes. Crack the mount bolts in the shackles and retorque to 45 ft/lbs with a good torqu wrench. This will make sure they haven't been overtorqued and will flex when required.
I took off my track bars & sway bar last week & it's still rides really rough.
So, just re-torque the bolts for the springs?

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
All the bolts that are attached to the springs. They actually let the springs cycle when they need to. Some have changed the shackles and the bolts to ones thaat you can grease just to make sure they are cycling which gives a much smoother ride. If you are having trouble with the ride you may even remove them one at a time and clean up the rust and grease the bolts befor eyou reinstall. With as old as these mighty Wranglers are there is a lot of rust and PO neglect that casue all kind of issues one is with the ride quality.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went from Pro Comp to BDS with greasable shackles and was amazed at the better ride quality, like joker said shackles that don't move = shitty ride

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Torque the same as shackles.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts