Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted a wrangler with my dream vehicle being a lifted 94-95 Sahara with hardtop (yj due to budget and it being a second vehicle). I've been scouring Craigslist for several months and came across this listing the other day-

1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
6" lift, 33x12.50-15 Mud tires, Polished Mickey Thompson wheels, Hard top, hard doors, 5-spd trans., 4.0L I6 EFI, 147,700 miles gold with tan hard top, black brush guard and black tube rear bumper. Asking $4800.

I am about to pull the trigger but need your opinion on the firm asking price of $4,800. I know price depends on a lot of things - condition, location, mileage, etc. and most CL Jeeps are overpriced but this seems reasonable for other YJ's I've found in my area (southeast US). The Jeep is 3.5 hours from me but close to my father-in-law who went and looked at it. He is a "car guy" and said it was in good shape and drove well. Do you think this is a reasonable price? Here are a few pics -

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Seems like a reasonable price compared to our area.

Check it over good though.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I'd go $4500 on it. I paid $4K for mine and it is an SE that was all stock with a tore up interior. Go for it!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Don't be afraid to hit him low. Especially if he is selling his jeep and driving a hybrid or Honda or some shit like that. I would ask if he will take $3500 and go from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First of all, thanks for the replies.

For what it's worth, I'm not trying to lowball the guy, I just want hear that $4800 is a reasonable price to pay from people in the know. I would love to get that super steal of a deal that I read about every so often but remember, this is the specific Jeep I have been looking for - I just don't want to be "taken" by overpaying for my first Jeep

Again, this seems like a decent or better price than most of the other Jeeps I've seen listed on CL in my area - there is a 95 green Sahara with 30K less miles but no hardtop listed for $5250 and a 94 green Sahara with hardtop but not nearly as clean listed for $5700 firm. I am partial to the champagne Sahara's btw.

Anyway, the guy is holding it for me until I can get up there on Tuesday and has put several others interested in the Jeep on hold since I was the first to contact him - I think that's pretty respectable. With that said, my father-in-law and I will inspect it again thoroughly when I get a chance to see it.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Let us know... only thing that would concern me would be stock gearing and stock axles with those 33" tires.

If its not been changed, you may have a useless 5th gear. If you can you may find out what gears are in it by looking up how to tell. I think it is a tag on the housing held on by the cover bolts. 3.07, 3.55, and 3.73 I think were options for some YJs with the 5sp and if you got the 3.73 I would think you would be ok, but anything numerically lower would be straining a bit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
im in FL and paid $4000 for my yj. 6" lift, 35 MT's and a strong engine.

It was not even close to the condition this one looks like. no bumpers, no paint, etc...

If there is no rust, I would be all over it. Even still, i think the price is a steal with the normal problematic rust areas looking a little rough.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YJ Sahara - Update

UPDATE

She's mine and I couldn't be happier. This is my first Jeep and I drove the whole hour home with a smile on my face! Glad to be a member of the "Jeep family." Now, what mod do I tackle first...... :punk:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
good for you..just drive it a while and see if it has any mechanical problems.. think about what you are going to do with it and look at other jeeps to get ideas

·
Registered
47 Posts
sweet! congrats!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good for you man! Great looking rig. I think you got a pretty good deal for sure. I just paid 5k for mine and was thrilled (not a Sahara)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Fliptop, how does your Sahara do with those gears and 35's?? Any plans for a D44 and gears?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts