Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 91 YJ for my daughter, im putting in new belts, not interested in used or cheap. (a friend had the originals snap when his daughter rolled hers off a mountain recently, 30 year old belts arent safe). Id like to keep the sleeves that hold the belts up as its a pain to dig down and find the end of the belt which gets wrapped around the seat base or whatever.
Does anybody know of someone that sells complete belts that include the factory style sleeves or am i going to have to buy them separately and see if the buckles match up? Also anyone know what grade the bolts are that hold them...one of original torx bolts was replaced with a grade 5 and im just making sure. Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,813 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just went through this on an 88, and figured I had either bought the wrong belts, or I had gotten really fat.

The 91-95 front seat female ends are longer than the previous years, and that couple inches makes a world of difference. I think it's something like a 17" rise vs 15".

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i noticed they were different from my 89 YJ. The driver side seat doesnt tilt forward either. This seemed so simple yet all the threads i read through didnt really address this issue, mostly they seemed to be folks using other model Jeep belts or used stuff. Thanks for the input ill check out seatbelt solutions that sounds like what im after.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seatbelt Solutions, I ordered new sleeves, bolted right in, work better than the old ones. You can go through them or available on Quadratec below.

Seatbelt Solutions Front Metal Push Button 3 Point Retractable Belts for 92-95 Jeep Wrangler YJ | Quadratec.

Note that depending on your seat height, the 91-95 are a tad longer. makes it much easier to find the buckle.. Good Luck.
I got the same seat belts through Morris 4x4, the old ones were jamming (and the driver and passenger buckles were missing when I got my 95 YJ) plus the rear seat buckles were rust welded solid. Held off getting new Rear Seat Belts as won't need them any time soon. Figured these would be the best one, and it would like it still had the original belts/buckles.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,813 Posts
I got the same seat belts through Morris 4x4, the old ones were jamming (and the driver and passenger buckles were missing when I got my 95 YJ) plus the rear seat buckles were rust welded solid. Held off getting new Rear Seat Belts as won't need them any time soon. Figured these would be the best one, and it would like it still had the original belts/buckles.
So having them would you recommend them to @chargerpower?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So having them would you recommend them to @chargerpower?
Well they do seem like they would be good, ordered them, they won't arrive until mid May, so I can't say anything of their Reliability/Quality yet. I could make a new reply once I get them to give my impressions once they arrive.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went and ordered the seatbelt solutions ones. They come in cool colors....my daughter picked lemon yellow to match the lime green exterior she wants..... And got the longer female ends for the 91 up YJ as an additional item which set me back another 120 bucks, which i was trying to avoid. Discovered the drivers side had been replaced by a chain and wrapped up inside the sleeve so it looked original...

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I went and ordered the seatbelt solutions ones. They come in cool colors....my daughter picked lemon yellow to match the lime green exterior she wants..... And got the longer female ends for the 91 up YJ as an additional item which set me back another 120 bucks, which i was trying to avoid. Discovered the drivers side had been replaced by a chain and wrapped up inside the sleeve so it looked original...
Can't put a dollar sign on safety, especially with family, You did good...

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have the front seatbelt solutions ones. They bolted in just like stock and work as good as OEM. Very happy with them and you will be too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Making my reply since I just got the new seat belts today (shocked at how quick the items ordered from Morris 4x4 are coming) and yeah they do have a high quality and seems like they will be reliable for many years. Next is to install the seat belts into my 1995 YJ.

Side note : Does anyone know what the thread pitch for the front driver and passenger belt buckle bolts are? When I got my Jeep, they were flat out gone, and now I need to find new bolts.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts