Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright - i got a 1995 and nice leather seats... that are rusted and now im leaning back like a gangster...

i was thinking - if i go to the junkyard...what other seats besides a YJ are compatible, and i'm thinking - maybe a bench seat for the front?

i can take measurements and go, but i am sure there is a jeep nut out there with the answer for this -

plus i think it will be a good idea to have it up since i couldn't find anything else on the forums for seats...

thanks guys - keep jeeping!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I went with the grand prix seat swap...way more comfortable than the racing seats I had in her...bought both front seats and the back seat for $30...front seats are a direct bolt in...

·
Registered
61 Posts
I used the sliders off of the original jeep seats and put them on the ranger ones. I know I had to do some drilling to get them aligned, nothing major, been awhile since I've done them. The seats do slide and the passenger side still flips up since I used the jeep brackets.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
I put in a 60/40 split seat out of a 96 ford ranger. Here it is with iggee seat covers on it. One of the best things I ever did.
guess it's kind of hard to set emergency brake..
or does it stick out enough???

would like to see some more pics...

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is epic. After looking at some 60/40 seats, I think I'm in love. No more vinyl, no more need for a back seat (my girl won't let me take mine out, I get the "what if there's an emergency and someone needs a ride!") I've used it twice in the last year. Some of these have consoles built into the middle seat. Some have cup holders in front of the middle seat. console that can't be stolen again. I'm liking where this is going. Cheaper than bucket seats, and another console for sure.

Okay, what year 60/40 will fit in my YJ? Will the doors still fit?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I had a bench mocked up in my jeep for a while. It was out of an 88 ranger. I never fabbed up the mounts and ended up sticking with the stock buckets. That really looks good with the bench in there though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread. I'm leaning back too ....but I sure don't feel very gangsta. The seats out of a Ranger are very interesting. I hope to be sitting upright soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do you still like the seats, and have you had any issues with the shifter clearance since you did the swap?

·
Registered
1 Posts
About to embark on the 60/40 Ford Ranger seat

Recently found a 1990 YJ on Craigslist, and got a good deal on it. I have 2 kids (1 and a half, and 3) and one more on the way in June this year.

Right now, I'm enjoying cruising around, and about to put a Family cage on my Jeep so I can go up to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, in Mears, MI.

HOWEVER, with the 3rd one one on the way, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to haul 3 kids, my wife, and myself up on the dunes. This looks to be the way to go.

Obviously, my oldest is only 3 right now, so it'll have to be a few more years before he can sit in the front, however, I'm going to start looking for a Ford Ranger bench seat so I can bolt it in this Winter during the off season.

Right now, I'm looking through the junk yards for something decent that I can put some covers on if needed. Hopefully they will just bolt right on.

If yall have any tips for me, let me know. I'll be sure to post some pics once I get rollin' on it.

-Nick

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this for mail delivery. Since I only deliver on Saturdays I want something I can drive regular also instead of getting a RHD. I'm also curious whether a YJ would be too stiff suspension wise flying around on back roads. I have a TJ right now but it's a standard shift and soft top so I can't deliver with it. Soo... I'm in the market for a Jeep with an automatic and hard top if anyone knows of any for sale in PA :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Recently found a 1990 YJ on Craigslist, and got a good deal on it. I have 2 kids (1 and a half, and 3) and one more on the way in June this year.

Right now, I'm enjoying cruising around, and about to put a Family cage on my Jeep so I can go up to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes, in Mears, MI.

HOWEVER, with the 3rd one one on the way, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to haul 3 kids, my wife, and myself up on the dunes. This looks to be the way to go.

Obviously, my oldest is only 3 right now, so it'll have to be a few more years before he can sit in the front, however, I'm going to start looking for a Ford Ranger bench seat so I can bolt it in this Winter during the off season.

Right now, I'm looking through the junk yards for something decent that I can put some covers on if needed. Hopefully they will just bolt right on.

If yall have any tips for me, let me know. I'll be sure to post some pics once I get rollin' on it.

-Nick
If your wanting a high back 60\40 styled bench then look at rangers from 88- 92, that would probably be alittle safer than the newer style, or atleast i think it would, shouldn't be anymore trouble putting them in than the newer styled seats, finding a seat cover that looks cool on the other had would be alot harder though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts