Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some ideas for mounting a mirror while my soft doors are on...you know...for snow-wheeling.

In the summer with the doors and top off, I use a mirror from a half-door and just slip it into the top door hinge bracket.

But with the soft doors on, I don't have anywhere to mount a mirror.

Someone must have solved this problem, right?

Backing out of a deep-snow trail with no side mirror is a pain in the neck, literally.

All ideas are welcome, pictures would be great!

·
Super Moderator
10,510 Posts
Howdy Jahfre,
My YJ had CJ styled mirrors on it when I bought it and I kept them so that I didn't have to swap mirrors when I took my doors off for the summer.
You look at the passenger side mirror through the windshield. It takes a bit to get used to, but after a week or so, I never notice how it's different from other vehicles. They mount to the upper part of the windshield hinges. If I wanted to drive with my windshield folded forward, I'd have to remount them to the lower part of the hinges.

Good Luck, L.M.

Attachments

Reactions: agalloch07

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought some Rugged Ridge mirrors with brackets to use when the doors are off my TJ but I was not happy with them at all. The wind would move them no matter how tight I made them. I'm looking at getting a relocation bracket so I can keep using factory hard door mirrors or the same style but was wondering how well they secure the mirror. Here is what I'm looking at which work with or without doors without having to change anything.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/rugged-ridge-mirror-brackets-tj-857004.html

·
Registered
395 Posts
CJ mirrors all the way. I can take my doors off and not worry about bashing in my mirrors. I had the mirror relocation brackets but my door straps weren't on and my door took off my mirror entirely. With these mirrors they just fold when that happens

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
^Are there really any YJ mirrors that don't??? Compared to...lets say...any other car or truck on the Planet

Reactions: rushwal

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great ideas. thanks!

I appreciate how you folks have solved this problem. I have some relocation brackets that the previous owner used for antennas. I think I can rig something but I didn't want to spend time doing something that other people have already tried that wasn't good.

It's May 23. We've gotten over a foot of snow so far this week...another 3" last night...but...Summer is almost here. For those 13-16 weeks between snow storms, I'll have my doors off and my top-hinge mirror mounted.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I got my relocation brackets for like $19 shipped from quadratec btw. Obviously I ditched those in favor of my cj mirrors. Also the brackets push your mirrors out front which looks kinda strange to me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts