Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of changing the stock speakers out of the YJ. Does anyone know if 6.5" would fit in there?:doh: And has anyone ever done that. Thanks

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i just changed mine. 5.25 was a tight fit. you also have to be careful about the thickness/depth.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
I put 6.5s in mine a couple weeks ago. I have the 6 speaker sound bar and I had to cut almost a 1/4 inch out. It was very easy to cut. All I actually used was the saw blade on my multi tool. They fit great n sound a whole lot better

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh Yeah (kool aid voice)...that's where learning ohms law comes in. I have 4, 4ohm speakers. Run them series/parallel and I am back at 4ohms! Magic. But really, a lot of tools will help you figure this out. Get yourself a multimeter and check out the12volt.com for diagrams. Easy stuff once you get it. GL to the OP

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NewYJOwner said:
I just put in the Boss CH6530's 6.5", 3 way's, 300watt. paid 20.00 for the pair.
How hard were they to fit in the stock soundbar? And do you have a picture of it

·
Registered
613 Posts
It went in with no problem, if the taper from the cone to the magnet had been wider I would have had to trim.

Don't mind the black mesh above , sometimes i get lazy and pull my mesh top back instead of taking it off when I put my soft top on for rainy days.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have 6.5 inch speakers in mine but I think I have a different bar than you. You can always widen the hole though.

from the old jensens

to the new pioneers ;) Best sounding speaker ive heard so far

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NewYJOwner said:
It went in with no problem, if the taper from the cone to the magnet had been wider I would have had to trim.

Don't mind the black mesh above , sometimes i get lazy and pull my mesh top back instead of taking it off when I put my soft top on for rainy days.
Yeah that looks good and if they fit I'll get them and also going with the Pyle marine woofer under back seat will post pics once I get them. Thanks alot NewYJ

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went with sony 6.5" $40 at walmart now waiting on Pyle 8" marine woofer will post pics when installed

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice man you got them in there. Dont mean to sound like an ass but the pioneers sold at walmart for the same price ($38+tax) had a lot better and more sound out put than the sonys. Just putting that out there because everyone buys wal mart stuff here and there and that was my expeience with the two 6.5"'s they carry. Plus they return/exchange policy to me is second to none. Anyways congrats on the upgrade.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts