Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going to yj springs either stock or 2" ome any thoughts on light, med or heavy? I'm currently all stock with 31's with no problems, main use is topless and half doors. If I go the lighter stock springs I'm afraid I might loose some ride height. But I want the best ride I can get from a cj.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I jumped right in and ordered m.o.r.e. yj shackles stock yj springs, now I need to go to the local pickapart and get a set of yj spring u bolt plates. Also decide on some shocks. Found that the jeep had 6 leaves front and rear that may partially explain some of the ride. Now just waiting for the Brown Santa

·
Registered
709 Posts
I think with the stock springs you will lose some height. Take measurements before and after. I'm curious how that will work out for you. I know most guys go with lift springs to help compensate because typically the YJ springs are flatter.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll let you know, I have pulled both axles for cleaning and painting. I found a few little things wrong so now is the time to fix them.
Going to replace all the rubber brake lines while I'm at it. John

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This thing may turn into a frame on restoration should I move it to the build forum? Going to coat the underside with por15 while I'm at it

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts