Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and gents, finally all done. Installed Door surrounds from a TJ, also the top is from a TJ. modified the windshield frame for the top latches. Installed the CJ doors and cut the bows out, now, totally bow less soft top. Everything fits like a glove.

Attachments

Reactions: SoCalC101CJYJTJ

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Side rail was also cut, no bow there either. Very pleased with the outcome.

Attachments

Reactions: sheepythejku

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just let me know what you need.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First, you need to trim your windshield frame to accept the header. In the first picture, you can see how the surround is mounted. Need to drill 2 holes to accept the OEM mounting.
Then, you need to weld a support on the frame and cut a slot in it for the latch. You also need to cut and re weld the spreader bars about 5/8 in on the front mounting plate. in the rear, you have to drill a hole thru the roll bar, 1" lower and 1/2" to the outside on both sides. By now you have all in place and the door surround can be mounted in the right location. I used the original tub rails from a TJ. You can use the ones from the JY, but trimming will be needed. The frame for the soft top from a TJ will not fit around the YJ roll bar. You have to come up with your own design.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Ladies and gents, finally all done. Installed Door surrounds from a TJ, also the top is from a TJ. modified the windshield frame for the top latches. Installed the CJ doors and cut the bows out, now, totally bow less soft top. Everything fits like a glove.
Finished product looks great Manny! I will have to come by and check it out in person with the CJ doors on it. For anyone who has not seen this YJ up close, the pictures don’t do any of it justice. A lot of clean one off fabrication with quality craftsmanship throughout.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will have to come by and check it out in person with the CJ doors on it.
You better not come empty handed......:drinks:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Looks awesome. Actually, your whole Jeep does. And it is your handiwork, which makes it more awesome. On a complete different topic, what fender flares are those with what size tires. That's a good look.

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
86 Posts
An awesome job, it looks factory. Having no bows is cool stuff. I don't have a soft top and bows are one of the reasons.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts