Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought an 88 YJ that needs a new top & doors. I have a bikini & the early roll cage. Ultimately I'd like to end up with a family style roll cage with the additional protection up by the windshield too. And a frameless top. For doors, I'm thinking either 1/2 doors or tube doors, but not right away, unless their cheap. I just don't have the cash to do it all now. So I'm looking at less expensive options to get me by for the spring. Maybe a used top off Craigslist? Or a trail cover?

I ran across this soft top on CL for $100. It's the roof itself, the rear window & the framework. I think I see the door trim sections too. But I'm not sure if those came just on TJs? Or both TJs & YJs? I don't see any of the bed trim in this picture either.

I welcome any suggestions. I'm fine with driving the Jeep without the top or doors. But storing it, especially in the rain, is what I'm concerned about.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim. I thought I'd read that somewhere. So is the roof &/or rear & side windows the same on the TJ & YJ? What about the 1/2 doors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts