Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my YJ on the road again after installing a new distributor and got to the point where it's worthwhile making some upgrades and fixing small issues.
Please excuse my ignorance in some of these questions!

1. What are the lights on the front bumper of my YJ (see profile pic)? Fog lights, off road lights or something else? When I'm searching for them I find lot's of similar items but they are called all different things. I need to replace the inner reflective part and rubber weather surrounds, and the bulbs. Don't seem to be able to find parts - just entire light fittings.

2. The passenger side soft top hardware bar is broken which means it's very hard to easier drop down the soft top. I've spent days searching for the part but all I can find is lot's of the vertical parts, not the horizontal section. I believe it is called the "drip rail" but maybe not. I found one used on eBay ($80!!).

3. Need the fasteners which tie down the soft top (if I get that far) and the block things which hold the back bow uprights in place. I don't know what any of it is called or the part number to search for them.

4. Is there a clamp or clip which goes over the door light jam when the doors are removed so the lights stay off? I'm on duck tape for now which is not ideal.

Appreciate any responses :)

·
Premium Member
92 Posts

4. Is there a clamp or clip which goes over the door light jam when the doors are removed so the lights stay off? I'm on duck tape for now which is not ideal.

Appreciate any responses :)
The switch has simple blade connectors on the back... I just unplug mine.
Drivers side controls interior lights, Key in ignition warning, and (In theory, headlights on warning--but not on mine.) Passenger side missing.

John D

·
Super Moderator
10,673 Posts
Some folks use a pincher clothes pin to hold the switch open.
I found this little green pincher thing that is probably meant to keep plastic bags closed. It's handy if you have trouble pulling the spade terminal off the end of the switch.

I disconnected my switch at the beginning of last summer and haven't found the need to reconnect it yet.

Good Luck, L.M.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I don't see any picture of your bumper lights but best guess is they're probably just cheap aftermarket lights and you probably can't get any parts. Most likely your best bet is just to buy some new lights to do whatever it is you want done. If you don't really need them then just take them off and be done with it.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Still nothing...
When posting, go advanced, manage attachments, and upload pics to the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't see any of your picts. and if it was a sahara, I believe they came with lights on the front bumper someplace.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
Those kinda look like the old KC Hi-lites. I would ditch them and get something a little newer for what you'd pay for parts/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts