Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly in third gear, but can also feel it in 2nd at higher rpms and 4th before you accelerate a lot. Only really shakes when accelerating or engine braking without the clutch engaged. When I put the clutch in, it doesn't vibrate. Nor in neutral. I just replaced my U-joints in my rear driveshaft thinking that was the problem, and it helped me in 1st and 2nd but it still vibrates pretty bad in 3rd. When I took out my rear DS, and put in in 4wd, it ran fine with no vibrations. This rules out the clutch problem for me. Any ideas? Is it my DS? Rear diff? Did I somehow mess up my U-joints? Any help or encouragement would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I would think the DS would have to come from a jeep with the same setup you have, like a 4.0 and 5 speed or a 2.5 with an auto trans, if you have a lift kit that can be something else. Do you have a lift kit, do you have a SYE? it will need to be just yours, unless your is wrong and making it VIBRATE. Good Luck and welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the 4.0 and 5 speed. My lift is 1.5" spring lift, so I do not think that would affect it. No SYE, as I don't think I need one on my small lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts