Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had 3 Cj's (one a scrambler), a TJ, and now my 92. I've got to say it's my favorite one. I guess I never really paid much attention to them before I got mine, but i'm see quite a few on the road. I just like the way they sit/ stand, drive, handle, look. Some people say the square headlights are ugly, more on that later, lol. I just wanted to stand up and um "type" how much i love my YJ.:punk:

That is all.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I have had several models of Jeeps, ranging from a 46 cj2a to 2001 XJ. By far my favorites are the YJ's and earlier XJ's with the YJ as #1.
The thing about Jeeps is there are different models for most anybody no matter what you like. We have 5 in my family/driveway currently

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Hello Neighbor (I'm like 30 minutes from you)! I've had a CJ, two YJs, a TJ and a J truck. Loved them all, but I keep coming back to the YJ. This will likely be the last Jeep I own (As it's my toy and I'm building it big). I love how simple the YJ is to work on.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Agreed completely. My YJ (even with the 2.5) feels nimble and sporty compared to my ol' CJ. It's a different beast but, I flat out love the thing. I have always assumed that a 90 YJ with a 2.5 is probably the least desirable Jeep available but after seeing this thread I'm beginning to think differently.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
I have always assumed that a 90 YJ with a 2.5 is probably the least desirable Jeep available but after seeing this thread I'm beginning to think differently.
My 91 has been my favorite so far. It's at the bottom of the depreciation curve and anything I do to it gives it new life and purpose. It spent much of it's previous life being a grocery getter so I'm glad I can put some trail miles on it.

Denis

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's easy to work on. They are fairly inexpensive in parts and maintenance. Practically bulletproof. I also think it's the first time Jeep got the motor right.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love my YJ and the square headlights.....you know why I love the squares??? Because you know just by that one thing its a YJ and it is different!

I have only owed a YJ and have only owed it a short amount of time BUT it picked me.

(side note: yes the headlights are really rectangular but just went with the flow on calling them square LOL)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
(side note: yes the headlights are really rectangular but just went with the flow on calling them square LOL)

All squares are rectangles, but not all rectangles are squares.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Lovin my square headlights too. Would never convert to the CJ/TJ grille.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts