Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have Toyo Open Country MTs, have to get new tires before winter, I am looking into 315/75/16 Yokohama Geolander Mts, is this a poor choice? I live in Wisconsin do some trail, mud, and road driving. What is the milage expectancy of this tire? I do daily drive with hard weekend use. Id like to get TSLs but cant have them on the road all the time. Any comments and any suggestions on cheaper tires right now I have found them at $250 a tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
A bit of 'off the mark but on the same target' input . . . I ran Yokohama Geolander ATS on four different vehicles over the last 12 years and consistently got over 70k miles out of them. They are a bit of a harder rubber, which leads to some road noise but takes decent punishment off road. Never did hardcore rock crawling but ran over shale and lava rock without loosing any chunks. They also did well in the rain, mud, snow and ice.

Seems like the MTS may have the same characteristics, though I would check into rain handling, which is usually a concern for more aggressive off-road tires.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S tires on my Jeep and they are a great all around tire. The Yokohama M/T directional tires are more suited for off-road than the A/T-S tires, don't wear as well on a dd vehicle, and are louder as well. For a daily driver that sees some off-road I wouldn't hesitate getting the A/T-S Geolandars, and never looking back...

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have been running mine for 5,000+ miles and in snow over half way up the rim. I love them...

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Also running yoko geo ats, loves em.

Mostly highway, loose gravel, dirt roads, & a lil bit of trails. No snow, yet, but fantastic in heavy rain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts