Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rey from Yokaro asked me to try one of these out and post an honest review of it. So I got it in the mail a couple of days ago and just had a chance to put it on today.
I have one that i just bought in a group buy for $40 and it was ok. So, initially when I pulled this Yokaro out of the included storage bag I immediately noticed that it was made of much thicker, heavier material. The grommets that the bungies go through are all metal not plastic like some I have seen and they even included a couple extra bungies. No instructions were included or really needed. This one seems to generally fit the Jeep better than the other one I had.

I wish it had storage pockets in the front like the one I had for my TJ. But other than that I have no complaints about this product. And its less expensive than many other options out there.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073WWJQ79

Thanks Rey for another great product.

You all really should check out the Yokaro JK grab handles too. Love mine!

Attachments

Reactions: Yokaro

·
Registered
644 Posts
Is there any flapping against the center rollbar/sound bar? I have another brand and I have to shove a piece of pipe insulation up there to shut it up. lol

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any flapping against the center rollbar/sound bar? I have another brand and I have to shove a piece of pipe insulation up there to shut it up. lol
No, i even had it on the highway at about 70 and it didn't flap at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Exactly what I am looking for. How do these hold up to low hanging branches and all? That has been my one hold up on pulling the trigger. The full canvas ones I have never had an issue but would sure hate to spend 70$ time and again due to rips.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly what I am looking for. How do these hold up to low hanging branches and all? That has been my one hold up on pulling the trigger. The full canvas ones I have never had an issue but would sure hate to spend 70$ time and again due to rips.
If its just small low hanging stuff I don't think it would tear this. Its pretty thick material. I had the other thinner shade top on last weekend and rode a few trails where branches drug lightly across it and didn't have any problem.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I'm not really into the skull and crossbones. Hopefully they'll make a plain version.

·
Registered
36 Posts
May be a stupid question but does this need to be removed when putting ones hard top on?

·
Registered
922 Posts
May be a stupid question but does this need to be removed when putting ones hard top on?
From the description.
✔Compatible with Both Soft and Hard Tops, Yokaro Sunshade Mesh set the mounting holes to install your soft and hard tops, so you never need to remove it

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did read it but wanted to know if there was any rubbing or concerns from actual use.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the soft top on right now but i can't see it being an issue with the hardtop

1 - 13 of 13 Posts