Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove down from Big Bear mt here is SoCal. The trip down hill was 20 miles and I really picked up some MPG's. It quickly dropped as I hit the freeway. The next 140 miles was all hilly freeway. Still averaged nearly 20MPG. So what you say, well my JKUR is on 35's, 4.10's, with plastic undercover removed. I usually average 19 on the freeway but the new Banks intake bumped me up a MPG maybe 2. Now my computer is 1MPG proud, so I always do the math to be sure. Good driving habits.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've calculated every tank since I bought my 2012 JKUR. Best I've ever got on a tank is 15.5, 13-14 on average 100% stock and I drive like a grandma. Don't understand all the reports of guys on 35s getting better mileage than me. I didn't buy my jeep to save on gas bit it still bothers me considering my 2009 got the exact same mileage and the 3.6 is supposed to be better mileage.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Come to think of it, I test drove a 12 JKUR with 35s. Comp reading never topped 8 MPG. I really want 35s at some point not sure if I'm willing to sacrifice that much MPG though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I calculate every tank by hand. My comp seems to be right on the money. Still don't trust it though, I'll continue to calculate it by hand and write it in my book till she dies.

·
Jeeponator
1,413 Posts
well my JKUR is on 35's, 4.10's
Has you speedometer/odometer been adjusted for this combination?

If that is correct and you are getting 20 mpg that is pretty awesome. 15 - 16 is max for my TJ.

·
Registered
265 Posts
3.73s and 35s net me about 15 mpg. Even near the same places you guys are saying. It takes almost half a tank to get from Barstow/Irwin to Redlands and that's going downhill through the Cajon pass. I get slightly better mileage from San Bernadino are going to Barstow only because the winds push the heck out of you through Victorville (2,000 rpm or less at 85mph).
Regardless, I'm still not seeing the 20 mpg some guys are talking about.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Haf said:
I calculate every tank by hand. My comp seems to be right on the money. Still don't trust it though, I'll continue to calculate it by hand and write it in my book till she dies.
My dash has never been within 1 mpg of what I actually got.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I've calculated every tank since I bought my 2012 JKUR. Best I've ever got on a tank is 15.5, 13-14 on average 100% stock and I drive like a grandma. Don't understand all the reports of guys on 35s getting better mileage than me. I didn't buy my jeep to save on gas bit it still bothers me considering my 2009 got the exact same mileage and the 3.6 is supposed to be better mileage.
Wow thats the same kind of millage I get out of my super heavy jku with a 3.8, 37's, 5:38's and driving the piss out of it.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
20.1 mpg last tank hand calculated on all stock 2013 JK. I dont know how anyone is going to get much over 20 and I really doubt it with bigger tires.
Ohh but they have to. I have read so many times on this forum how my 3.8 was such a gas guzzler compared to the 3.6. I mean I only got 20/24 mpg on the highway when it was stock so the 3.6 have to be geting around 30 mpg in a jku an 35 in the jk.:whistling:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I get 26 mph with my 12 JKU on a totally flat highway @ 55 mph.

23 mixture of highway suburb driving.

That is with the small stock tires and rims. When I put my 33's on, it drops to aroun 18 mpg mix and 21 just highway.

I drive like a granny though

1 - 20 of 44 Posts