Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
can't fix stupid.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I went out to dinner and had a few drinks......did I see that picture right?

·
Registered
437 Posts
It looks like he knew what he was doing. That trailer is balanced perfectly or the back suspension on the Jeep would be bottomed. The trailer brakes will stop the whole rig if he has a controller. BUT. If the wind blows a little too hard that truck and trailer is going to drag him in the ditch. No please, thank you, kiss my butt, nothing, He's upside down in the ditch.

Great picture, thanks.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should. This is the photo of a traffic accident attorney's dreams!

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
You guys are sooo right! One Chrysler Motors product towing another Chrysler Motors product! How insane or unthinkable is that?
IMHO, this guy needs to be educated, and you guys are just the ones to do it.

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
I don't know what the tow rating of a 4Runner is, but a TJ on a reasonable trailer would be about 4,000 pounds total.

In the OP's photo, I have a feeling that it's normally the Ram doing the pulling. As long as he keeps the speed reasonable for the conditions and is not going far, he should be ok. If it were raining or in hills NO WAY. A tandem axle trailer should have trailer brakes.

I bought one here in S. Georgia 25 years ago and they had to build on for they did not normally put trailer brakes on a 16' tandem axle trailer. I on the other hand would not have one without brakes. With the beaver tail that one looks more like the 20' trailer I went to later (pulled by a Ram 2500).

I was working on rewiring a Scout trailer and it had a very heavy tongue weight and with my Rubicon it was all I could do to move it around the back area to right in front of my workshop. It put the rear of the Rubicon on the stops, and it was only a 5x8 enclosed trailer, but about 20+ years old. I wouldn't even try to haul it with my Sahara. Had another Scouter come by and take it out to the camp when it was done.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Envelope, please.
And the Darwin Award goes to...

:eek:

·
Registered
98 TJ 4.0 Auto, 97 TJ 4.0 Manual, 98 TJ 2.5 Manual
613 Posts
Too funny. I just sold my 03 ram 4 door hemi in black just like that one getting towed. I had to tow one of my tjs one time but it was the ram doing the towing , not the jeep...wonder if they made it to their destination

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
Just a little sway back and forth and the trailer will be whipping the wrangler around and god help anyone else on that road

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,552 Posts
I am going to guess the truck broke down while towing the jeep on the trailer...had to switch.
Seems like the only logical explanation. Hope it was a very short tow and at very reasonable speeds...

Reactions: Altin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, that's not dangerous at all...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts