Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

761 - 780 of 818 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
I always get caught getting in. Same belt loop every time. I think I'm at the point where most all my jeans have the same broken loop so I don't get caught anymore... Lol. Mine has those gaurds so getting out is no problem

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your winter budget includes funds for car washes AND knee pads, to spray down the undercarriage ( for the temperate zone folks at least...)

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Your winter budget includes funds for car washes AND knee pads, to spray down the undercarriage ( for the temperate zone folks at least...)

Your winter budget should include a winter beater and parking the YJ for the winter. Car washes are not enough to keep a jeep from rotting out been there done that lost several jeeps from it.

Reactions: Sonny S

·
Registered
5 Posts
I understand that position as well. Likewise, though, i dont like doing 'winter beaters' nor would it fit jnto my budget. Besides, if i put up the jeep for salt season, in Maine, I would have maybe 2 months od use. Being out of my jeep that long would suck.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Your winter budget should include a winter beater and parking the YJ for the winter. Car washes are not enough to keep a jeep from rotting out been there done that lost several jeeps from it.
Yep once they salt the roads the YJ stays in the garage until after the next hard rain. Sometimes takes a while :-(

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Yep once they salt the roads the YJ stays in the garage until after the next hard rain. Sometimes takes a while :-(

It's the only way to do it. If we get a good snow sometimes i will limp my jeep out in the country and take some back roads that are not salted just to play a bit in fresh snow. But generally winter when my jeep is parked i try to go any work i need done to get it ready for spring wheeling. Driving jeeps on salted roads is not worth it.

Reactions: vmxwinn and Sonny S

·
Registered
261 Posts
When at idle and 20 minutes of run your gauges read as follows:

14 volts
85 plus PSI oil pressure
3/4 tank of gas (really 1/2 of a tank)
no temperature reading
...and (according to the clock and the sun) it’s 9:00 in the afternoon.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You know you drive a YJ, when you're hesitant to take it through a creek, because the dirt is the only thing holding on your left front fender.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,651 Posts
You go to your local auto parts store and have to tell the clerk...

Nope, That's a water pump for V-belts, I need the one for serpentine.
Nope, That's the temp sensor for the thermostat housing on a 4.0 I need the one for the manIfold in the rear of the 4.2.
Nope, That's a 1/2" pilot bearing for the early YJ's with the Ba/10, I want the 3/4" one for the '95 ax-15.
Nope, That's the brake drum for 10" shoes, I need the 8-1/2" style drum.
Nope, That's the internal slave clutch release I need the external.

"That's a special order?" "Oh never mind, I'll just wait a day and get it from Rock auto"

·
Registered
136 Posts
You know you drive a Yj, when, unlike all of the jls, and, jks, yours;

starts every time
drives home under it's own power
has parts You can identify
you can actually work on it without a degree in engineering.

·
Registered
136 Posts
It's the only way to do it. If we get a good snow sometimes i will limp my jeep out in the country and take some back roads that are not salted just to play a bit in fresh snow. But generally winter when my jeep is parked i try to go any work i need done to get it ready for spring wheeling. Driving jeeps on salted roads is not worth it.

why are you posting pics of my jeep?

·
Registered
701 Posts
When your wife comes home and says her car is a making a noise and you think, "a noise? must be nice."

761 - 780 of 818 Posts