Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

801 - 818 of 818 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wife LOVES driving the ol' heap. She just loves her Tahoe a little more. But if it's nice weather, she's probably going to drive the YJ. Totally different story if it was a daily driver...

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
It not being a daily drive is what makes it special. I just made a run into our small local town to the PO and the bank for Legion business. I had the sunrider on my TJ flipped back and the heater on just above half way. Nice open air drive. Try that in the Tahoe.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,651 Posts
I DD mine to work everyday, rain or shine with a bikini top, 2.1 mile roundtrip. Decided to take a drive one day, 2,037 miles roundtrip. Same amount of fun either way.

·
Los Angeles
1,526 Posts
I DD mine to work everyday, rain or shine with a bikini top, 2.1 mile roundtrip. Decided to take a drive one day, 2,037 miles roundtrip. Same amount of fun either way.
Well at least you don't wear the bikini bottoms to work, that would be weird.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,651 Posts
Well at least you don't wear the bikini bottoms to work, that would be weird.
I started laughing... then I thought of the visual...not pretty

Reactions: JonStevens

·
Registered
2 Posts
-Because every real Jeep should have square headlights.

-A radio is useless beacause of the tires screaming

-JK owners only wish they had a Jeep as cool as a YJ.

-Missing a belt loop from the door striker ethier hopping in the Jeep or hopping out.

Chris
haha I have multiple broken belt loops on multiple pants from this.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
86,665 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
When its rains, you take the jeep to the store cause it needs to be ran and Ooops, jeep just turned down the muddy road on its own!

·
Registered
1989 Jeep Wrangler yj
9 Posts
-When literally nothing works but it still drives
-when people honk at you because you forget your spare tire carrier open and drive down the road
-when half your paycheck goes to parts every month
-when you have to fill up your gas tank 3 times a week

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
haha I have multiple broken belt loops on multiple pants from this.

I guess it must be a stock seat thing?

Mine came with MasterCraft sport bucket seats so it takes technique to get in.
Left hand on the grab handle, left foot on the step, rise up on foot, (Careful--Watch out for garage structural beams--BANG Head! OUCH! Yeah--done that!😭) Aim and plant butt in seat. :cool:
I'm betting the extra two inch bolster rise on the seat requiring the extra "lift and tuck" :D is saving my pant loops?:unsure:

John D

·
Premium Member
8,137 Posts
I drove two YJs - both purchased new - a '91 half door soft top and the the upgrade - a '93 hard top. I never lost a belt loop to either one. I drove the '91 for about two years and the '93 for three.

·
Registered
520 Posts
When you read about all of the problems people are having with their JK’s and think, maybe I’ll keep it awhile longer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Luckymac

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
When you read about all of the problems people are having with their JK’s and think, maybe I’ll keep it awhile longer...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
At least we know that the dealer won't be able to help us. With a JK, JL or JT if the dealer can't duplicate the concern they can't help them either. We're all way past the warranty period so we don't have any hope. All the poor JK+ drivers can hope for is for the Jeep to crap out when the mechanic's on a test drive. Thankfully we don't have plastic oil filter housings.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Instructor9
801 - 818 of 818 Posts