Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

601 - 620 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am so old I remember my mother telling me they used corn cobs when they had no toiletpaper,back in the old country.Seems relevant for today’s current shortages.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I used to take peeing for granted, then recently went thru brachytherapy for prostate cancer. It's a miserable thing now. Wont come out when you want it to, then surprises you when you don't want a surprise. Hope it gets better in the future...
You know you're old when you have a response to that...

About a year ago I was diagnosed with "pelvic floor muscle spasms" -- which sometimes makes it really, really hard and really painful to take a leak. Fortunately the solution was simple, if sad -- stop chugging 50 gallons of coffee every morning.

I had the big C twice, one resulting in a minor amputation (minor but indescribably painful), and yesterday I started 8 weeks of marginally horrible treatment for pre-cancerous spots on my noggin (third round of treatments for that). A lifetime in the FL sun has pros and cons...

Hope things improve for you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I am so old I remember my mother telling me they used corn cobs when they had no toiletpaper,back in the old country.Seems relevant for today’s current shortages.

Grandpa always said you start with a red one and finish with a white one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
:funnypost:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
You know you're old when you can remember when the news media had to tell the truth, and have grounding for every story they told.
Now the majority of them just spread "left wing" bull shit

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
You know you're old when you can remember when the news media had to tell the truth, and have grounding for every story they told.
Now the majority of them just spread "left wing" bull shit
And the rest spread "right wing" bullshit.

And Facebook just spreads plain ole' bullshit!

I've resorted to cross checking any "news" against foreign media outlets to get a different angle.

To quote the great George Carlin: "It's all bullshit, folks! It's bad for you!"

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
You know you are old when we "Seniors" can type "Bullshit", to get the point across. We are the great, Baby Boomer Wordsmiths!

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
You know you are old when we "Seniors" can type "Bullshit", to get the point across. We are the great, Baby Boomer Wordsmiths!
;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
And the rest spread "right wing" bullshit.

And Facebook just spreads plain ole' bullshit!

I've resorted to cross checking any "news" against foreign media outlets to get a different angle.

To quote the great George Carlin: "It's all bullshit, folks! It's bad for you!"

The BBC, oddly enough, seems to be the most honest reporting out there.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
The BBC, oddly enough, seems to be the most honest reporting out there.

BBC for sure, I also watch French news 'cause I speak the language.

Also keeping an eye on German & Japanese papers from time to time using Google translation.

It's amazing the different perspective one gets.

·
Super Moderator
10,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #614

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
19/20!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Thinking about getting a motor-paper route, since I am up at "0 Dark Thirty" anyway for a "Head Call". Might as well toss on the sweats, start the Wrangler and toss some papers, make a few $$$.

·
Premium Member
3,647 Posts
YKYO when your first computer is now displayed in museums

601 - 620 of 640 Posts