Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have noticed that lots of them dont wave. Am i the only one?

·
Registered
2001 Wrangler Sport
4,645 Posts
baker3 said:
So i have noticed that lots of them dont wave. Am i the only one?
I've noticed that too, but I keep waving, eventually they'll realize I'm not crazy.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I see lots of soccer moms driving them and it looks like the top never comes off too. Shameful. They haven't grow on me at all.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Well the girls driving them wave back around here.... Other than that nope.

Don't pay much mind to it. I only wave to a JK if there's a good lookin broad driving or if they wave first. Other than that I just get the "do I know you?" Stare.....

·
Registered
591 Posts
Some do, some don't around here. I've learned to wave if they wave first or are looking at my TJ. Newer model, most just got them because Jeeps are cool, but don't know about the wave thing yet or just don't want to participate in the established culture...just wanted to drive a Jeep. That's cool. They don't have to wave.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,616 Posts
I say we stop with the comments about JK owners, like them supposedly not waving.

The same crap was pulled on TJ owners from CJ and YJ owners during the first years of the TJ. I know, I was one of the new TJ owners starting in early '96 when I was one of the first buyers of the then brand new TJ. Man it was BAD for new TJ owners on the forums too, no kidding. The abuse we TJ owners took was often pretty wild. Do we TJ owners really want to pull the same crap on new JK owners?

Not everyone who buys a Jeep knows about such traditions like waving and, likely, most of those probably don't care. My realtor wife would like to replace her Lexus with a 4-door Wrangler because some of the properties she takes clients to see need a high clearance vehicle to get to... she could care less about the Jeep thing or waving. She would have never considered the more basic TJ/LJ for her realtor work but the new JKs have nicer interiors so they work for her where a TJ wouldn't.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don't take offense, I've driven cycles for years. Both sportbikes and cruisers. If someone doesn't wave don't take offense. When I rode my sportbike even in groups I would wave to Harleys and some would wave some wouldn't. Some of the sportbike guys would get their panties in the bunch over it. It didn't stop me from waving, if they wave.. Cool, if not oh well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I get a lot of waves from JK's ..some don't. Like Jerry said, some don't care for the Jeep thing, and just bought the vehicle because it suits them. Forget you not that JK's have a lot more comfort features than earlier models and appeal to a wider audience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.