Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall im thinking about building my own bumper's but im stuck in a rut. So im here to ask my fellow Jeeper's for some help. If you could have your very own bumper ( front or rear ) built to every spec you wanted it to have from the hi-jack mounting spots to d-ring tab's what would your bumper have and/or look like. How big or small would it be? Would it have a stinger or just a hoop? Tell me what yall's perfect bumper would be like. Maybe from this i can get my bumper's going and start thinking of new idea's for even more bumper's or other project's. Thank's everybody! Ill keep yall updated as things progress!

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Although I didn't buy this bumper it's still my favorite. No Limits 4x4.

·
Registered
127 Posts
D-rings, high-lift mounting location, winch plate option, a small hoop, maybe some light tabs.... shouldn't stick out too far on the sides, and should have a good approach angle. I don't like bumpers made from insanely huge tubes.... simple and functional ;)

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Definitely a stinger with D-Rings, Light mounts on the bumper AND on the stinger, winch mount, 54" with a built in steering box skidplate and possibly a radiator skid. That outta do it! :)

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Mine would be tube with a grill guard that integrates into a semi tube fender setup back to the rockers.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
For the front. The stock one works fine for me.. add some tow hooks and my winch mount i am done. For the rear.. Good tire carrier for upto 39" tire.. have some d-ring mounts, and should have frame tie in area's, and maybe a spot for a highlift mount and CB mast and cup holders must have cup holders!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts