Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! So my wife and I are short (5'0 and 5'6 respectively), and we don't have any boards/steps on our JKU - and well frankly, we kind of need them. I've been doing some looking at there are a lot of options, so I thought I'd see what my new favorite forum believes to be a great, reasonably priced running board!

·
Administrator
17,577 Posts
My opinion varies depending on if they're just a running board (step) or if they'll also be a rock slider.

We like the Teraflex on my wife's Jeep, they do a good job of both. She's 5'3" with 3" of lift and 37s, gets in just fine.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
I just installed a set of the Havoc Offroad HS2 side steps this past weekend, and am very happy so far. I have no experience with any other brands though. What sold me on these is that they are stainless, so even of the black paint gets chipped, I shouldn't have to worry about rust. I am 5'5", and am running 35's, so it was a bit of struggle to get in before these, now it is super easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
My favorites are the ones I made. 1/4 inch plate alu with an extra 1/2 x1 along the edge. Bolted with grade 8's to the Rubicon rock rail.

Attachments

Reactions: xKimx and bgriff008

·
Registered
532 Posts
I put TNT Customs Adventure Sliders on my wife's JKUR. She loves them. They are a step with great traction and also a solidly frame mounted slider.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Vehicle door

They sell an optional aluminum boatside that mounts underneath which I also installed. They got a good workout this weekend and stood up just fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
how much lower is the step than the body edge. Looks about 3". Do you know if any have lower steps?

603speed

I just installed a set of the Havoc Offroad HS2 side steps this past weekend, and am very happy so far. I have no experience with any other brands though. What sold me on these is that they are stainless, so even of the black paint gets chipped, I shouldn't have to worry about rust. I am 5'5", and am running 35's, so it was a bit of struggle to get in before these, now it is super easy.

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
My favorite would have to be the Mopar Rubicon Recon rock rails.
I just wish they weren't so expensive or maybe an aftermarket manufacturer made some similar.

Most of the sliders I've looked at just look like poo

·
Registered
492 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
My favorite would have to be the Mopar Rubicon Recon rock rails.
I just wish they weren't so expensive or maybe an aftermarket manufacturer made some similar.

Most of the sliders I've looked at just look like poo
My wife really wanted the Recon rails but, as you say, the pricepoint is stupi. That's why we went with the TNt sliders above. Very similar in styling and much cheaper. Probably more solid too I'd wager.

·
Premium Member
7,670 Posts
We have these also from being dealer installed. My wife likes them, I can't help but wonder how long they will actually last with so many activations.
I installed ours in 10/2016, so they've been working great for over two years. Just be sure and lube the pivot points occasionally.

Maintenance: In adverse conditions, debris such as mud, dirt, and salt may become trapped in the running board mechanism, possibly leading to unwanted noise. If this occurs, manually set the running boards to the deployed position and flush the front and rear hinge arms with a high-pressure car wash wand. Avoid spraying the motors directly. After washing, apply silicone spray lubricant to the hinge pivot pins. Do not apply silicone, wax or protectants like ArmorAll® to the running board stepping surface.
PowerStep Installation Guide

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
how much lower is the step than the body edge. Looks about 3". Do you know if any have lower steps?

603speed

Yeah, 3 inches is probably close. I will try to remember and get a measurement for you later on. Sorry, but these are the only ones that I have tried, so I don't know about any others.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.