Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I really have to remove the spare tire to change the lightbulb on the third brake light?!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think they are LED's --- nothing to change...

...unless your changing the assembly, 4 screws and unplug unit and reverse steps... never had to remove spar

-=FM45=-

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
There's no bulb for the third brake light. The unit isn't serviceable if the led goes out. It has to be replaced as a complete unit unless you decide to go with something aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't have any kidding spare tire removals left, I spent all mine last weekend.
You're more than welcome to have all the kidding spare tire removals you want.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even if you had to remove the spare tire, it isn't a big deal. Better check your man card. Three freaking nuts and your squirming????????? Take it to a garage and pay to get your ""bulb"" changed.
Thanks FM and KIK, I didn't know there was LED instead of a regular bulb in there, saw now that the wire harness got lose when I was installing a backup cam. Works fine now.

Internet tough guys above so easily ruffled. See, I wasn't complaining because of the work it would take to remove spare, I was surprised if that was the case because it wouldn't be very good design to do that when you could just put an access panel on the light that snaps open in a second. But it would take intelligence to understand that ofcourse. So never mind.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Even if you had to remove the spare tire, it isn't a big deal. Better check your man card. Three freaking nuts and your squirming????????? Take it to a garage and pay to get your ""bulb"" changed.
Thanks FM and KIK, I didn't know there was LED instead of a regular bulb in there, saw now that the wire harness got lose when I was installing a backup cam. Works fine now.

Internet tough guys above so easily ruffled. See, I wasn't complaining because of the work it would take to remove spare, I was surprised if that was the case because it wouldn't be very good design to do that when you could just put an access panel on the light that snaps open in a second. But it would take intelligence to understand that of course. So never mind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts