Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to get a 4in lift, and some have said long arm is the way to go. I'm up in the air between two kits:
Rock Krawler
TJ 4.0 X FACTOR PLUS LONG ARM SYSTEM
http://www.rockkrawler.com/

click the "JEEP" link on the left, then click on "TJ 97-06 Wrangler" then "Tj suspension systems" then "long arm kits" and then the 4in kit is what I'm looking at. From what I've been told by the local shop, I don't need SYE/CV to run this.
or
Rubicon Express

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=363&Pn=2043&XnPath=173,177,178,363&Vid=FF486A2739944

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
The only thing I can tell you is that if you go with Rockkrawler, you will not ever need another lift kit. It is solid.!!!!!!!!!!!! You will not be dissapointed with them, at all.

If you choose this lift, I would just head out to Phoenix, and let Joe, at Absolute Offroad, install it for you. He is the man, with the best lift, on the market. Not to mention he has probably installed over two dozen of these kits. It does require professional installation, and I can not think of a more capable person, to install it for you.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
The only other thing to conside with a long arm is frame modification. If you get tires of your Jeep(like that would ever happen) you might want to part out the kit and jeep individually. With a long arm, factory frame mounts have to be removed and you won't be able to return it to stock hieght if ever wanted.

But yes - I would totaly go for the RockKrawler kit :D

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a shop here caller "Get Serious Offroading" and these guys are from what I have gathered by people around here they are the best. The build the craziest Jeeps ever, and they run at Moab. The entire install plus tires and rims is about $5600. but that's 5 tires/rims. They finance, so I'm was looking at maybe putting down half. The Rock Krawler it is. thanks guys! :)

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
You will not be disapointed with the RK suspension. When I first went LA on my jeep I ponied up some bucks and went with a local flashy guy that could sell yellow snow to the guy who just pissed in it. About 3 months ago I changed to the RK 5.5 and I'll never looked back. My rig climbs and flexes like I could never imagine. $5600 doesn't sound too extreme for a kit, install, wheels, tires etc....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts