Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

QT Rubicon wheel vs Mamba M19 (both in black)

• QT wheel

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • Mamba

Votes: 7 29.2%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy folks. I'm finally starting to get some changes done to my Jeep after three years of ownership. Recently I installed the JKS 2.5 lift and got around to ordering a set of 315/70r17 (C load) KO2s. I know it's my decision ultimately, but interested in peoples thoughts. I ordered the Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme wheels in black, though they're back ordered for a while it seems. Another wheel I liked that would be available sooner is the m19 wheel from Mamba. I'll share a couple photos for reference. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,722 Posts
While this is a TJ and 16" Rubicon Extremes, but I am very happy with mine. In fact when the arrived 3 years ago I was very impressed with the quality of the wheels and more importantly the packaging that protects the wheel during shipment. That's one of the reasons I went with the CJ Retro wheels in white on my '17 Chief last year. I now have QT wheels on both Jeeps.

You did note that while the Rubicon Extreme wheels are out of stock, the estimated ship date is July 28 (6 days from now). Incidentally, the backspace of the Rubicon Extreme 17" 5on5 wheels is 4.75" (vs 6" with the OEM wheels).

The 315/70R17 tires vs the 255/75R17 are roughly 2.4" taller and 2.4" wider. The extra width will be handled by the reduced backspace (1.25" of additional space between the inside of the wheel and an addiitonal 1.2" of tire on the inside of the centerline, which means the inside edge of the tire is just slightly further out than the OEM tire. However the additional height of the tire, 34.4" vs 32" will require a lift)

Owning a Jeep ('17 Chief) that came with the BFG KMs, now with the KO2s, that is an excellent move. You will find your Jeep smoother and much quieter.

Reactions: ace2184

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's the back spacing on them?

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk
That's a good question. The Quadratec has a 4.75" backspacing and I believe the Mamba has 4.53" backpacking.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Howdy folks. I'm finally starting to get some changes done to my Jeep after three years of ownership. Recently I installed the JKS 2.5 lift and got around to ordering a set of 315/70r17 (C load) KO2s. I know it's my decision ultimately, but interested in peoples thoughts. I ordered the Quadratec Rubicon Xtreme wheels in black, though they're back ordered for a while it seems. Another wheel I liked that would be available sooner is the m19 wheel from Mamba. I'll share a couple photos for reference. Thanks everyone.
Defintely the Mambas on the right. The ones on the left simply look too much like a 1992 Volvo 740 turbo. Loved those old things (like I love most Volvos) but the looks sort of clash for me, To me it's discordant with how a Jeep should look.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I love the looks of the quadratec wheel. I'm looking at buying new wheels and tires too. I'm waiting on a sale at quadratec right now. I'm looking at the same wheel and MT Baja boss at tires. I'll wait till black Friday to get the deal if I have too.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
My vote is Qtec.
However, a pic of your Jeep would help.

·
Registered
2017 Willys 2 door
189 Posts
The Quadratec wheels are definitely the way to go. Or, check out the mammoth branded wheels on extreme terrain. Those QT wheels are hub centric so they are an exact fit for the Jeep wheel hubs. I don’t think the mambas are. 4.7 backspacing is also perfect imo from the QTs

·
Super Moderator
16,552 Posts
Yep, another vote for the QT's... And I like 4.75 better than 4.5 for 35's.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
I really like the Quadratec ones.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not a fan of the Mamba style look at all. The QTs look really good.
Troy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for your responses. Im going to practice some patience (as hard as that is) and see if Quadratec gets around to shipping the wheels in the next couple months. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Izzy Does It
1 - 20 of 22 Posts