Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called Discount Tires Friday to see if my tires and wheels had come in. They said "we have the wheels but only three tires, we'll call you when all five are here".

I said "no problem, I'm leaving this afternoon to go see family For Christmas, will check with you middle of next week".

Thirty minutes later I got a call that the tires had just come in on a truck. I told them if they could get me right in I would come on down. I did and they put everything on and I hurried home to take a couple of photos for the forum and pack mine and Mrs. tomthbomb's stuff in the Jeep to make the 100 mile trip to the kid's house for the weekend.

I thought the sound coming from the "
Silent Armor" tires was not that silent but I just turned up the radio and kept going. The next morning I went out to the Jeep to really inspect the tires and wheels for the first time and saw five

Goodyear Wranglers!

You don't think Discount Tire would throw on a set of tires just to make a sale this week instead of next week do you.......hmmmm?

Boy, do I feel like a dumbass!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Moral of this story: "Never get in too much of a hurry to inspect something that cost more than you first car did!":banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barrier said:
Hi Tom, Which Tires and wheels did you order?
Lew
I ordered Goodyear Silent Armor tires same size as the Wranglers they put on. The wheels I got are correct. You can see them on the MB Black Wheel thread.

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Here they are (again). I know everyone is getting tired of this photo but not as tired as I knowing they are the wrong tires.

Funny thing the Wranglers are more expensive than the S/A's but if I had wanted Wranglers I would have bought Wranglers.

How much push back do you think I will get from D.T. When I go back?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Goodyear makes roughly 11 different versions of the "Wrangler" as the name is like Chevrolet for GM, there are many different sub models.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
If those are not the tires you ordered, and particularly if you have your copy of the initial order... when you go back, they will make it right. That has been my experience with Discount Tires. I'd give them a call asap if I were you...

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Silverton34 said:
The Silent Armors are Wranglers. Look closely at rhe sidewall for an oval logo that says Silent Armor.
Wow! I will look closer. I may be a Double Dumbass.

·
Banned
764 Posts
From your photo which is not really high detail, they do seem to look like duratracs. Better tire for snow and off road, but not as quite as the silent Armors! Them are some nice wheels though.

·
dirt road inspector
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tomthbomb said:
Wow! I will look closer. I may be a Double Dumbass.
Double Dumbass, that would be me! It says Silent Armor in the small oval. Thanks guys. I'm going to go sulk for a while.

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts
Nahhhhhh, don't sulk...... rejoice!!! Take a spin and hit some dirt..... whooppppeeeeeee - you don't have to deal with mistakes :dance:

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Double Dumbass, that would be me! It says Silent Armor in the small oval. Thanks guys. I'm going to go sulk for a while.
Nice set up. Better you found out on here than went back to them where they would have gotten a good laugh at it. I'm sure they get that once in awhile.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts