Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bigger tires (35" tires) mean it is time to adjust the speedometer. I looked at a number of alternatives and settled on the J Automotive Tazer Mini. There are a few key features I like. I am only using a few of the features of this tool:
  • Enable/disable AutoStopStart (disabled !!)
  • Change tire size (35" tires)
  • Enable/disable TPMS (enabled)
  • Set TPMS (I set mine to the lowest possible at 25)
  • Enable/disable fog light dropout with high beam (I want my fogs staying on)
  • Enable/disable cargo camera (enabled but camera not installed yet. I am going to put one on the front)
I did play with one of the light shows. That might be fun with my grandkids one day but not a needed feature. I test drove the Jeep on known distances and the speedometer appears spot on over a four mile test.

So, I don't need my Smart StopStart part anymore. I have it right here to ship to someone. If you want the Smart StopStart tool please post an "I'll take it" here on this thread and send me a PM with your address. I only have one so the first one to say "I'll take it" gets it. I am not asking anything for the part and I will pay for shipping. I just hate to see something wasted. For what it was intended it worked perfectly. It holds your AutoStopStart settings that you choose. Their website is Jeep-Dodge-Chrysler

If any of you buy the Z Automotive Tazer Mini read the instructions carefully and note that it takes two hard resets to get the Jeep to hold your changes. That took me a while to figure out even though it is right in the instructions. PM me if you have trouble. It took me about an hour to get mine right.

·
Super Moderator
9,627 Posts
If you have TraveLink and are getting those annoying Weather Alerts, the Taser Mini also allows you to disable that feature.

Granted, disabling TraveLink makes you lose Traffic as well, but IMO that’s a small price to pay for the satisfaction of never seeing those irritating Weather Alerts again.

·
Premium Member
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have TraveLink and are getting those annoying Weather Alerts, the Taser Mini also allows you to disable that feature.

Granted, disabling TraveLink makes you lose Traffic as well, but IMO that’s a small price to pay for the satisfaction of never seeing those irritating Weather Alerts again.
Well what do you know? I looked over all the options and missed that one. Thanks. I went back and found it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Bigger tires (35" tires) mean it is time to adjust the speedometer. I looked at a number of alternatives and settled on the J Automotive Tazer Mini. There are a few key features I like. I am only using a few of the features of this tool:
  • Enable/disable AutoStopStart (disabled !!)
  • Change tire size (35" tires)
  • Enable/disable TPMS (enabled)
  • Set TPMS (I set mine to the lowest possible at 25)
  • Enable/disable fog light dropout with high beam (I want my fogs staying on)
  • Enable/disable cargo camera (enabled but camera not installed yet. I am going to put one on the front)
I did play with one of the light shows. That might be fun with my grandkids one day but not a needed feature. I test drove the Jeep on known distances and the speedometer appears spot on over a four mile test.

So, I don't need my Smart StopStart part anymore. I have it right here to ship to someone. If you want the Smart StopStart tool please post an "I'll take it" here on this thread and send me a PM with your address. I only have one so the first one to say "I'll take it" gets it. I am not asking anything for the part and I will pay for shipping. I just hate to see something wasted. For what it was intended it worked perfectly. It holds your AutoStopStart settings that you choose. Their website is Jeep-Dodge-Chrysler

If any of you buy the Z Automotive Tazer Mini read the instructions carefully and note that it takes two hard resets to get the Jeep to hold your changes. That took me a while to figure out even though it is right in the instructions. PM me if you have trouble. It took me about an hour to get mine right.
I'll take it for my Son in the Navy. He has been wanting a SmartStopStart unit for his JL. Thanks! PM sent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts