Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - I'm sure this topic has been beat in the ground and the horse has been dead for some time now...but I've got a questions regarding the Z-Case fuse array.
My '18 JLU left me on the side of the road 2hrs from home the other day. After getting it home i replaced the z-case fuse array(60A version), and everything appears to be functioning as normal once again. Now....I did not replace either battery and it started without even having to jump the rig....this I'm assuming is because once the fuse popped it switched to the AUX14 battery until it drained down.

This brings me to my question and let me provide some background.

What could cause the #3 150A post to blow?

Background - I generally turn off the auto start upon starting the vehicle. On Sunday I had started the vehicle and drove for almost 2hrs without issue...stopped to fuel up and forgot to shut the system off after restarting. I drove for about another 15min without issue. Came to a stop on the highway due to traffic...as soon as i stopped the ESS engaged and shut the engine down. Before the engine had even completely stopped I hit the button to disable the system, which prompted the engine to re-fire. So basically it was not even completely off and it restarted. As soon as it started, the system faulted and it drove for about another minute or so until it came to a halt. Is it possible that i may have caused the fuse to blow by commanding a restart at the wrong time? Seems crazy to me that a vehicle would blow a 150A fuse by pressing a factory button...

Any insight is greatly appreciated. TIA!

·
Retired Moderator
103,035 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
These are a electronic nightmare. I suggest that you have your Dealer look in to the cause.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts