Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 Rubicon Recon with stock Bumper I got he Zeon 10S winch. I bought the Mopar mounting bracket for the winch and a maximum 3 winch plate with a factor55 fairlead. this is my problem. I seen this same setup fit a buddies 2018. I can only get 3 of the nuts on that hold the bumper. the winch butts up way to close. the first pic is the left side of the bumper facing the jeep the 2nd pic is the right side the one that's the closest. the mounting bracket I got is for a center mounting winch.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Audio equipment Bumper Vehicle door

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
you could try backing the other nuts off to the end of the bolt, pull the bumper back shortening how much the bolt is protruding and starting that nut and tightening that spot first pulling the bumper tight. then tighten the other nuts.

If i remember correctly i had put about half an inch of spacers between the bumper and frame for other clearances and didnt have that trouble with the bolts/nuts.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Mine was a PITA as well. I used some 3/16" spacers between the bumper & chassis for clearance, and it helped a little with stud clearance. I also left the winch loose, which allowed for better access to the bumper mounting nuts.

·
Super Moderator
13,053 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I had this issue with the Mopar winch plate on my 2018 JKUR Recon. I did what @JustOnlyME suggests above, and I was able to force it in.

I believe @SteedGun had the same problem with his first JLUR. He might have something to add.

To my surprise, everything worked like a charm this time around with the Mopar steel bumper and winch plate on my JL Sahara.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts