Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! New to this site and want to be hands on with my 2009 4DR Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I have 31K miles on it. I am wondering if anyone, I am sure someone does, knows how many zerks there are on my model and where they are? I know they may be threaded and not and any advice on greasing them up would be greatly appreaciated. It is stock! Thanks

·
Supporting Member
2,420 Posts
I am not aware of any zerk fittings on JK's, stock. If you need to lube the joints then maybe some penetrating lube directly on the clevite rubber.

-Dan

·
Retired Moderator
100,750 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

They don't have any Zerks. This way Chrysler/Jeep can sell more parts as they wear out, at a faster pace, that's good for them, and bad for us........:crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Unless you have added mods there are no zerk fittings. Aftermarket parts like Control Arms and some joints come with a zero but the stock JK is designed to be lube free.

·
Retired Moderator
100,750 Posts
^^^This.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Well just found disappointing missing feature
5256 miles on my 14 JK rotated tires first time
WOW no zerks on anything bummer

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
It was hard at first to admit my JK was Zerkless but over time I came to accept it ... then I added adjustable CAs and the world was back to normal :rofl:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Mine has 4 but they are on my JKS Discos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts