Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the zipper tabs on the windows really suck in my opinion. I decided to make some larger tabs using 550 paracord. I made these in order to obtain a better purchase on when taking the back and sides on/off.

The paracord is regular red 550 cordage with a reflective weave sewn in. There's no real purpose for this other than it's just what I like. I have attached pics of each one. Also, just to note, they do help, and I like the way they look. I have attached a link to the video for any who are interested in making their own.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
380 Posts
I'm gonna look at this again tomorrow after I have some cord to do this. I think it would stay up in the velcro fold instead of hanging down and drawing attention

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna look at this again tomorrow after I have some cord to do this. I think it would stay up in the velcro fold instead of hanging down and drawing attention
It was more to show it, so you can see the length and what it looks like. I'm debating whether or not to let it hang. It's a reflective cord, so I'm interested to know how it looks when headlights, or a flashlight beam hit it at night.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I have a Trektop NX on my JK and I can’t get the zippers all the way down regardless because of the tension on the two sides where the zippers are attached.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
So, the zipper tabs on the windows really suck in my opinion. I decided to make some larger tabs using 550 paracord. I made these in order to obtain a better purchase on when taking the back and sides on/off.

The paracord is regular red 550 cordage with a reflective weave sewn in. There's no real purpose for this other than it's just what I like. I have attached pics of each one. Also, just to note, they do help, and I like the way they look. I have attached a link to the video for any who are interested in making their own.

https://youtu.be/QrzE-QnzuOM

Nice job- improved form & function.

^^ this

It looks almost inviting to the general public to go ahead and unzip your top, so I would tuck the pulls in.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
I just tied paracord to the pulls. Yours are much nicer though.

Reactions: screwlose

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just tied paracord to the pulls. Yours are much nicer though.
Yeah, I was going to do that too, but I happen to see the video for this particular knot. When I did I thought it would look nice on the Jeep. I've been meaning to do it for about 6 months. That's how long ago I bought this cord, but I've been lazy. I finally decided to just go do it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Zippers catch all the crap when it comes to road grim.
Reqiures a toothbrush and soapy water to clean from time to time.

After crossing the desert it had to be done in steps.
Rinse from a hose good
Scrubbed from the outside
took some time to remove using the zippers
rinsed
then hand scrubbed both zipper sides inside and out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts